Recaros Switch

• Thread starter imported_Strider81
  • Start date
I

imported_Strider81

I know that HTC has done a detail post on the reason behind the height switch on the recaros packing in.

Cant seem to find it though.

There was a detailed description n photos.

I have paid audi £70 to get it fixed already and now its packed in again- will i be able to take it back as it was just over a year ago now.

Or tryn n fix myself- a real pain!

This happen on both of my front seats. What caused the problem on mine was a micro switch that was jammed open circuit. This micro switch was there to effectively cut the feed to the motor when the seat reached its top position. To fix i just gave the plunger on the switch a wiggle and it poped back up. The seat have worked fine for a year now.

cheers for the reply

'plunger on the switch?'

cud u help a lil more?

Theres a micro switch behind the switch facia on the passegener seat and on the centre console side on the drivers seat. When the seat reaches the top of it travel the micro switch is depress cutting the feed to raise the seat up. On mine it look as if the part of the switch that is depressed had gone too far into the micro switch body and jammed ( the system thinking the seat was in max position even when it wasn't).
I gave it a little wiggle and it came out (making the circuit ) allowing the feed to raise the seat up again.
Hope this helps