S3 Springs and Dampers

Aussiaudi

Reaction score
Hi there, I am a newbie from down under so thought I should introduce myself before asking questions. I live in Melbourne and have owned several Porsches, Mercs, Beemers and also keep a Maserati Gransport as my toy so you can see I love my cars.
I have recently bought the S3 (8PA)as my town car but I am finding the ride just too hard around town so wondering what I can do with springs/dampers to give me a softer ride over the bumps but not mess too much with the handling. I don't want to lower the car as its plenty low enough as it is. Any advice or suggestions most welcome.
Geoff

Funny you should mention that....

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...o’d-like-their-s3-have-softer-suspension.html

P.

Someone told me the Eibach Pro Sport springs with Bilstein touring dampers will do the job but I haven't been able to find Eibach springs for this model S3 so I have emailed Eibach. Apparently the springs are soft in a straight up down motion and stiffen up under excess weight eg cornering

Thanks very much Damian, would you agree with what I have been told, that is the progressive nature of these springs will soften the ride but not compromise handling. Also do you ship to Oz?ThanksGeoff

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…