2002 225 quattro questions.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Morning chaps,
just looking for some pointers really on a 2002 225 quattro I've seen, not really having ventured into TT territory before I was looking for any info that maybe relavant before I buy it
Its done 143k miles and has had a few issues with suspension linkages etc judging by the MOT history, but has a MOT until aug this year
Not expecting a showroom car..lol but quite happy to do the work as its a project car really .
So then what should I be looking out for with it, problem areas or more serious faults that need considering.

cheers chaps
rob

Selling mine atm

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the TT can be a money pit car if you are unlucky. Mine is a 2002 and had just under 90K on the clock when I bought it. Had some issues with the rear brakes due to the calipers sticking, the shock absorbers on the rear were shot and the EGT sensor on the car was playing up.
you need to check for faults on the car with VCDS and make sure you take the car for at least 10 miles to get it upto temperature. Check the windows, air con etc.

I agree. I spent near on 2k within the first year. The previous owner only drove the car. Didn't maintain it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk