Turbo keeps cutting out and back in ?

lewis.bates.73

Reaction score
Hi there I recently put a topic up regarding my turbo not working straight the way and and cuts in and out now I been advised to run some cleaners through the egr ect.. After doing that turbo worked great now I got in it again earlier and it works then all of sudden it doesn't want to know then I hold my foot on the accelerator and then it kicks back in ?? And if it was going into limp mode I would get an engine warning light but it isn't coming on ? So I am at a loss I don't know what the next step would be or is there anyway or testing for anything ? I know my turbo is fine there is no smoke at all

Also is there like a temperature sensor for the turbo if so where would I find it ?

Thanks for the help

possible N249 fault... Try turning off the ESP and see if that makes it any better.

Also yes, sort of. Some 20vt's to have an EGT sensor in the turbo. What car/engine code do you have?

I have a audi a3 1.9tdi 110se s reg 1998

As far as im aware there isnt a sensor in the turbo. Have you checked all the pipes to make sure there isnt a boost leak anywhere?

If its not that then it will be a case of taking the turbo off, stripping it down and cleaning it manually. There was a thread on here somewhere with a guide on doing it.

Just to double check are you letting the engine warm up before your putting your foot down. I found with mine you need to let it get a bit warm before you give it the beans.

As far as im aware there isnt a sensor in the turbo. Have you checked all the pipes to make sure there isnt a boost leak anywhere?

If its not that then it will be a case of taking the turbo off, stripping it down and cleaning it manually. There was a thread on here somewhere with a guide on doing it.

Just to double check are you letting the engine warm up before your putting your foot down. I found with mine you need to let it get a bit warm before you give it the beans.

Yeah I always let it warm up and cool down