2.5"/3" Test Pipe for 2.0T?

Sean_

Reaction score
As above has anyone used a 2.5"/3" test pipe on their 2.0t? I'm looking to get the below and have read good reports on other forums who have fitted one to their standard system, they say most of the restriction is In the Cat so this should help free up some more power. They also sound really well on boost. Anyone used one previously?

43c0f27c84847e1b9382d6aeb866d597.jpg

Reactions: GDCAUDIA4B7
Very similar to what I did with the DPF on my oil burner Sean.....it really freed up some lost power.

Reactions: Sean_
I was looking into this but had a decat on the s3 and was a real pain having to always use a friendly MOT station.

Shame the sports cats are so expensive and so hard to come by.

Reactions: Sean_ and carlcall
How hard is it to take the cat out and fit this pipe? I'd be interested if it wasn't too much effort to swap the cat back in for an MOT

Reactions: Dani_B19
Very interested in doing the same to my car, might need to buy a non fouler coupling to lift the sensor out of the way
Similar to the picture shown

12.jpg

From reading online it doesn't look like the hardest thing to do. The pipe is 2.5 inch and I think the standard system which it will mate up too is either 2 inch or 2.25 inch so a reducer needs to be used (could be wrong), they say that it most certainly won't pass an emissions test so you'd have to go for a sports cat but they are crazy expensive as said above. Also read that it with throw up a CEL light.

I'm going to get one and give it a go, my tips are pretty much stained black its been that long since they've been cleaned so I think they're beyond saving. Has anyone ever got someone to cut the tips off and weld on bigger polished ones? Not sure if that's the norm?

I think if use the spacer to lift the sensor out of the gas flow the readings should be almost be standard so fingers cross no CEL light!!

From reading online it doesn't look like the hardest thing to do. The pipe is 2.5 inch and I think the standard system which it will mate up too is either 2 inch or 2.25 inch so a reducer needs to be used (could be wrong), they say that it most certainly won't pass an emissions test so you'd have to go for a sports cat but they are crazy expensive as said above. Also read that it with throw up a CEL light.

I'm going to get one and give it a go, my tips are pretty much stained black its been that long since they've been cleaned so I think they're beyond saving. Has anyone ever got someone to cut the tips off and weld on bigger polished ones? Not sure if that's the norm?

like this ...
Tp3
Tp4

I think if use the spacer to lift the sensor out of the gas flow the readings should be almost be standard so fingers cross no CEL light!!

Oh really? Great advise! I'll try that when I get it fitted, fingers crossed is right