2.0tfsi advice

Ste sri

Reaction score
Used to own an a4 b7 with the 2.0tfsi unit and basically want to return but looking at the a3 instead. Just browsing at the minute and considering a few that are over 100k, is there anything I need to be extra cautious of or should it just be plain sailing so long as there's a full service history and the belts have been done? Had a search but not finding much to help me :(

Anybody? Hoping to go look at a few tomorrow so any help would be greatly appreciated.

As you said mate as long as they have been serviced etc,a few did suffer with oil pump problems but i think that was mainly due to the pick ups in the sump and also the oil filter element breaking down and collapsing so no working correct

i bought mine with 119k miles on the clock, not even had the belt done yet, but i replaced cam follower (£30) and noticed it had already been done.

Only problem iv had was as phil said, the oil pick up pipe was BLOCKED completely, but again it was like £15 from audi and like couple of hours labour and an oil change.

Same issue as JJ.Foulds, mine was blocked at 75k, broke down day of purchase lol.

But as a general thought, long as its got good history it shud be good for many a miles!