2.0T FSI Quattro upgrade question

83jmh83

Reaction score
A quick question that you may seem stupid, however this is the first "modern" car I have had, my previous car was a mk3 3.0t Supra.

Basically on my old car you could bolt on whatever you wanted without it throwing a wobbly.

I am looking at going for the Revo stage 2 at the moment, so need exhaust etc. However I am wondering if I am able to fit the exhaust and other bits myself, then drive it to the tuners to get mapped or will it throw a fit if it is not mapped straight away, meaning the tuners need to fit everything?

You may get a warning on the dash,but it should run.

You do know how much of a pain fitting an exhaust is on one of these?

Thanks for your reply Alex. Is it that awkward then? What makes it particularly hard to do?

Thanks for your reply Alex. Is it that awkward then? What makes it particularly hard to do?

It's dropping the subframe to get the downpipe in place and the amount of space behind the engine is a wee bit limited.

If you're used to doing a lot of your own work,I'm sure you'd make short work of it compared to me!

Yes I am used to doing as lot my my own work. Completely rebuilt my old supra including the engine from a rusty shell.

However I did that with the use of a garage at my parents with hoist and pit etc, so thinking about the fact I would pretty much have to do this at the road side might give it a miss tgen if it's a bit awkward

Thanks for the advice

Reactions: S3Alex