2.0 diesel to 3.0 Quattro diesel

Wiggy_

Reaction score
just looking for thought on the difference? Just sold my 2.0 diesel and thinkin of getting the 3.0 Quattro 233 Bhp I believe. Do they suffer from balance shaft problems? What's difference like in power is it hugely noticeable ect..

Oh yes it will definitely put a smile on your face, no shaft problems just timing chain rattle on start up, if you view one that does walk away, it's an engine out job to replace chains & tensioners & probably £1750 - £2000.

Reactions: quattrogrip
The only other major issue that the earlier 3.0 TDI cars had was duff injectors. They may affect 2006 cars as well. The injectors leak fuel so when the engine is left to idle for a minute or so when hot it will start smoking white smoke.
If you go and test drive one make sure you get it to normal running temperature and leave it to idle for 2-3 minutes.
They are a good deal different to the 2.0, a lot more go and a much nicer noise. A remap on a 233bhp will take it to around 270bhp.
The quattro system means you can do something with the power as well rather than just spinning the wheels.

Thanks for the reply lads, much appreciated. What should I be roughly paying for one on 90k 2006. Seen lots for different prices from way over book to under. They book around £6400 so id imagine around that?

I have just bought a 2006 3.0 V6 TDi Estate and it is awesome. I'd certainly recommend getting the manual if possible. I paid £5100 for mine in black, S-Line with all the toys with 120,000 on the clock which was an absolute bargain. Looking around previously they were around £6000 for a decent one.