1st service

Antjos1

Reaction score
Hi all the s3 is 1years old and has done 8k
should I have a service now or when computer tells me.
Cheers

If its not already told you then it must be on variable servicing......although it should probably be on yearly fixed.
When you look in the MMI when does it say your oil change or inspection is due?

Reactions: S32B and Jassyo06
You should definitely get it serviced annually. Take it in, get a service and get them to change the schedule to fixed.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Just checked mine and it says oil change in 6000 miles, cars at 3k, and inspection in 16000 miles so looks like mine been set to fixed annually.
I would have done it at 1 year/10k anyway.
Think by default all cars need to be variable/20k to meet the euro standards.

How would that work for me as I only do around 5000 miles per year?

I would change it annually but the variable is either 2 years or 20k whichever comes first. In your case 2 years will arrive before 20k so should be done then.

I would change it annually but the variable is either 2 years or 20k whichever comes first. In your case 2 years will arrive before 20k so should be done then.
I am on fixed annual servicing anyway 9k or 1 year whichever comes first. Currently counting down in days to exactly 1 year from when my car had its PDI. I do lots of short journeys so fixed annual servicing is definitely correct for my car.
I was just wondering why you thought all cars should be set to variable servicing 20k or 2 years.
My understanding of variable servicing is that the car decides when it needs a service, there is no set time or mileage....it depends on how the car has been driven together with the climate.
2 people driving the same model of car will have different service intervals, even if they cover roughly the same mileage.
I'm not saying this is how Audi variable servicing does work...but it's how it should work.

I am on fixed annual servicing anyway 9k or 1 year whichever comes first. Currently counting down in days to exactly 1 year from when my car had its PDI. I do lots of short journeys so fixed annual servicing is definitely correct for my car.
I was just wondering why you thought all cars should be set to variable servicing 20k or 2 years.
My understanding of variable servicing is that the car decides when it needs a service, there is no set time or mileage....it depends on how the car has been driven together with the climate.
2 people driving the same model of car will have different service intervals, even if they cover roughly the same mileage.
I'm not saying this is how Audi variable servicing does work...but it's how it should work.

That’s how it should work but my experience with 3 Audi’s (tdi)before the current s3 it was always pretty close to 2 years/20k. Think the worse one was around 17600. They were mainly motorway mile munchers so had an easy life. These ones were set on variable as I was clocking 30-40k a year
The way it should work is sensors for oil quality, cold start cycles and a whole load of other parameters like high revving etc to calculate when it should be serviced.

My 2.0 TDI-184 has just shown 700 miles until it needs it's first service. The car has done 18,200 from new and set to variable service interval.