1st problem encountered!

audi_partner

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hey,

On the way home from work yesterday my a4 grumbled, cough and bogged down then the engine management light came on...and into limp mode, seeing as I have a used car warranty, I called the dealer who put me in touch with Audi Assist..aka the AA lol. They came out and plugged it, it came up with P2002...'diesel particulate filter effiectcey below threshold on bank 1'

It took a piggy back to Poole Audi today and in its place is this!!!

Renualt Captur!

you need vcds on it ,check how full your dpf is,if its over 30g,vcds can do a regen,a faulty sensor can cause this,but normaly this is stated when doing a fault reading,in your case it could be the dpf.considering it went into limp mode.

you need vcds on it ,check how full your dpf is,if its over 30g,vcds can do a regen,a faulty sensor can cause this,but normaly this is stated when doing a fault reading,in your case it could be the dpf.considering it went into limp mode.

It's in at Audi now, was hoping to get vcds on it but my mate was working all weekend, and I didn't want to be without transport, just hope it only needs a regen.

Will update further as soon as I know

A forced regen may sort it in the short term but you may find ongoing issues as once the DPF gets blocked it's hard to fully recover it. How long have had the car, what kind of mileage has it got on the clock. Cars that spend most of their life in town on short journeys don't help the DPF's.

I've had it 10weeks, I got it with 52802miles on it, it's now got 57245 on it, the journeys I do are 70mile round trips to work and back 5 days a week, on the A35, quite a fast road allowing NSL, and normal town driving at weekends, I'd say I don't do more than 50miles over a weekend, I live in Weymouth lol, so it's not that big a place...

Now, the AA patrol man, told me I should once a week, blast it down the bypass in 5th or 6th (8speed multitronic) at around 3k rpm...I've never been told this before, surely the dealer should of told me to do this once or twice, it's even went in a few weeks back for a diagnostic check as the mpg wasn't great...37-39max, was told all is ok, as they got it warmed up and test drove, and they got 40-45...and I must have a heavy foot...now surely to get that, which I've never had, they would of had to keep revs low?

Surely you can have the best of both worlds...keeps revs up to force a regen every now and then and gain 40-45 mpg...

Well the mileage and driveling you are doing should not cause any issues with the DPF it will have plenty of time to regen. It could be a sensor failure on the car has left the car unable to do a regen, Fortunately you have a warranty hopefully the work to fix this will be included in that.

karl.

This is what I'm Putting up with lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    978.5 KB · Views: 166
Wow, that almost looks like a Lego car!
Lol...it drove like one aswell...wasn't a fan.

Well, the A4 is back!!! The problem ended up being the DPF Pressure sensor deciding to give up, 2 days in Poole Audi, and it's good as new!!

Top service from those guys, can't fault them

Mine went on my 2010 B8, local indie had the part in stock, cost £85 fitted and reset.