audi a3 issue

vwbandit

Reaction score
hey, right i have a question
ive just put my a3 on coilovers and the anti roll bar is rubbing drive shaft. ive looked into this
and found that its a common problem with the a3 when lowering.
my question is would i be safe to just get rid of my anti roll bar all together ? to stop the rubbing
as ive seen some people say fit a audi tt anti roll bar or a s3 one as they go under not over ?
but then ive seen the issues with this is it then rubs on the wishbone so what is everyone doing to get round this problem
and still going low ? any help much appreciated

Don't get rid of the anti-roll bar, it's an important piece of the suspension, it's what stops you tipping on corners, it stops you from hurling of the road sideways when you go over uneven roads that have a camber, all control , handling and rigidity of the car will be non existent without a roll bar, I'm sure someone on here who has lowered their car will be along shortly to offer thee advice on how to over come it, if the anti-roll bar rubs the drive shaft when lowered and tt's anti roll bars rub the wish bones then maybe trying to source an aftermarket anti roll bar designed for lowered a3's may be the way to go, probably pay a wedge for it but may be your only option,

You should be able to get some pretty decent lowness using a TT arb with no rubbing issues. I've decked my A3 with standard ARB and get no rubbing? Strange.

Ok then thanks for the replys :) yeah I can understand it either
but it was constant rubbing so I don't know but I don't want to deal with the horrendous sound haha . Ill look into other options