ECU light and plug in box?

• Thread starter imported_hburnett
  • Start date
I

imported_hburnett

On the way in this morning my ECU light came on for no apartent reason.

I fitted one of those £20 tuning boxes just to see what would happen, but that was about 1000miles ago. Hadn't any problems with it since then.

Do you think these could be connected? Or is the ECU light coming on for something different?

I'll have to see if it's still on tonight on the way home...

Has anyone else had a problem with this? ECU light or Plug in box....

Cheers H

Hi

I've had a tuning box fitted for the last 60,000 miles. The light comes on after about a week (1000 miles) and stays on forever.

Then after a service the light has gone, I refit the box and it comes back. Presumably there are slightly more emissions as a result of the increased fuelling, but I've never had any reliability problems and apparently I have the highest mileage for any Sportback in the UK (77,000) so I wouldn't worry about it.

I took the car into Audi Taunton (without the box fitted!) and they said that it was a dirty Fuel Temp Sensor, so cleaned it and then put it back... Seemed to be ok until last Tuesday when I was driving home from work and the damn thing came on again!
Might give Roadside a call or book it in again!
H

Can you read? The light will always come back on, but call Roadside if thats your bag.

Yeah, but then no.... The learning books are great! lol Chill winston!