2001 Audi A3 1.6 Petrol`

CallumDavy

Reaction score
So I bought my Audi knowing there was a little bit wrong with it and I've fixed all the issues aside from two..
The engine management light is on and fault codes include "Thermostat short to B+" which is odd because I had a brand new Thermostat fitted less then 4 months ago and secondly it reads an issue with "Power Steering Sensor" which seems pretty self-explanatory but I can't seem to get my hands on one and from there I wouldn't know where it is to change.

Has either of these issues happened to anyone else and was there an easy fix for either if it did?
Cheers!

So I bought my Audi knowing there was a little bit wrong with it and I've fixed all the issues aside from two..
The engine management light is on and fault codes include "Thermostat short to B+" which is odd because I had a brand new Thermostat fitted less then 4 months ago and secondly it reads an issue with "Power Steering Sensor" which seems pretty self-explanatory but I can't seem to get my hands on one and from there I wouldn't know where it is to change.

Has either of these issues happened to anyone else and was there an easy fix for either if it did?
Cheers!

You'll more likely get an informed response if you post this in the specific forum for the first-generation A3. Hopefully one of the moderators will move this for you, to save you starting a fresh thread.

First port of call would be check wiring for both issues.

also get a copy of elsawin - it's invaluable

Hi.where did the thread grt moved to i have the same faults and i wish to know his outcome on fixing it.cheers

The thermostat could be a problem with the wiring or in the thermostat itself. was it replaced with a genuine item?

if you need to replace the thermostat i have a new, genuine one available

regards,
kevin