Audi Warranty - Worth it?

Wicked666

Reaction score
Website
www.talkaudio.co.uk
Hi guys,

My approved used S3 is now out of warranty and Audi can offer me 1 year comprehensive cover for £400 (+£250 excess).

I have remapped my car but other than that it is standard. Does anyone know whether Audi warranty would cover me or whether they are likely to blame any issues on the remap? Also I know I would be stuck with Audi servicing but i'm ok with that to be honest.

Not decided yet as the car is only Dec 2009 so statistically nothing should go wrong with it but you never know.

Thanks

Good price, I was quoted over £700 on my last S3.

Its not quite as comprehensive as the manufacturer backed warranty as there are some exclusions but for £400 it might be worth a punt.

The remap will unlikely make a difference, just switch it off or reflash for dealer visits and any warranty work.

Paul

Good price, I was quoted over £700 on my last S3.

Its not quite as comprehensive as the manufacturer backed warranty as there are some exclusions but for £400 it might be worth a punt.

The remap will unlikely make a difference, just switch it off or reflash for dealer visits and any warranty work.

Paul

Thanks - I agree price looks good. I expected Audi approved to be expensive however Warranty Direct quoted me £900.

Found details of what was excluded here:

https://www.audiextendedwarranty.co.uk/Home/Content/comprehensivedetail?title=Detail of cover

Will have a think

I was in the same dilemma when my approved used warranty ran out in May this year! The only difference is that my remap is a Bluefin handheld, so I can remove it if anything needs looking at. I had my free service early this month at 38,700 miles and they will only do the most basic oil\filter change & only if the DIS says it's due! I asked about the DSG oil\filter and was told it's not covered by the free warranty service, so that'll be £257+VAT please ...right you are luv, so I'll leave that for now then thanks. I got it done by an indi a couple of weeks ago for half that price & had him stamp my book.

Apparently... if any issue you suffer isn't related to your remap in any way ...i.e: headlight LED's fail, they'll honour the warranty ...apparently. I had one of my adaptive light sensors go a few months back & they replaced it FOC, but I'm not sure this renewed warranty is as comprehensive as the approved used one?

I've got bluefin - didn't even think about removing map before getting work done!

However I don't think I'm going to go ahead with. So many things are excluded from my link above. I'm not sure what's covered in all honesty.

I don't thrash the car so will ensure it gets serviced when it should and fingers crossed everything will be ok.

Reactions: Artimus