Awesome RR day Thursday 29th Dec

Cheers for the pics.Filthy cars though!!

Sorry mate got no pictures but i did video all the Audi's but i dont think i can get it on the net for all to watch

oh and did you get stuck on the m6 for ages?Had to put £5 of nasty 95 ron because there was no optimax.

[ QUOTE ]
oh and did you get stuck on the m6 for ages?

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw the signs saying ques ahead. So I got off at the junction sign posted maccessfield and went the back way to Stoke-On-Trent then the A50 and so on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Took me almost 3 hours to get home lads! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Nice to meet adcooper, Bill Badger and the infamous Al B, and good to see Mark and Ryan again, I even managed to get a run in(first on the rollers lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) without a booking! I will post my Graph up once I have scanned it.
Awesome's outfit is pretty good aswell, much better than I'd imagined, possibly better than AmD's RR layout, figures for my car a pretty similar for both RR's aswell. I even bought a TIP on the way out, cos they had one in stock!
Agree with Al B's choice of cars for watching on the rollers, watching Ryans IHI S3, Bill's Ibiza Cupra and the Supra Twin-Turbo was worth the trip! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Awesome reccommend 20bhp for 2wd and 40 for 4wd onto wheel hp.I would have thought 40 fwd 65 4wd myself.
Clutch power is added power with your coast down losses.
I 100% am losing boost at 3800rpm so it could be right that i only have 320bhp ,further investigation needed.

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome reccommend 20bhp for 2wd and 40 for 4wd onto wheel hp.I would have thought 40 fwd 65 4wd myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to sound thick here.

My Max Power was 142.78 BHP. So I add either 20 or 40 to the figure.

Therefore that would make mine 162.78 BHP or 182.78 BHP depending on which figures you use.

162.78 BHP sounds about right to me as it's 150 BHP standard. So with the Carbonio and 2.5" CAT back that is giving me an extra 16 BHP.

Although if it was 182.78 BHP I would be more then happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I can confirm, Jim mentioned add approx 20 to the wheel hp for 2wd cars, and add 40 for 4wd cars.

Not ideal I know, but he also said that sometime in the new year they will be getting the software updated so that the rollers can "correctly" estimate the crank hp figure.

AL

Strange thing is dans mk2 only made 308lb/t and mine was 298.2lb/t but at Jabba it was 380 and 340???
Going to get it checked out anyway.

I would say that my figures seem bang on for the mods I have got.

So it's worth checking yours out.

If I add 40bhp I would end up with 226 but the bloke I had a chat with (the one driving them on and off the rollers) told me that it was producing more than standard (more than 1bhp) but to have a look at the 75 valve or something..

Also cheers for letting me have a go in your S3 jojo did yours run at 209bhp would that mean its 249bhp?

[ QUOTE ]

Also cheers for letting me have a go in your S3 jojo did yours run at 209bhp would that mean its 249bhp?

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries bud, he estimated 260-265 BHP @ the flywheel for mine, which is pretty much bang on from the 262BHP figure I got from AmD last year, was running Optimax last year and BP Ultimate this time round btw chaps...

AwesomeRR.jpg

I have been there again today. Great stuff. Chipped RS6 was fantastic (omen666 of the tt-forum).

Also Caney's IHI TT went on there too.

A common theme is that people are confused about the figures. The facts are the dyno can calculate the losses for the 2wd cars, giving a "power at clutch" figure. I was told the rollers / software can't do that for 4wd yet. So any estimate of the losses is just that, and could obviously differ from car to car.

AL

[ QUOTE ]
A common theme is that people are confused about the figures. The facts are the dyno can calculate the losses for the 2wd cars, giving a "power at clutch" figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daft question I know but...

If I go by the "power at clutch" figure on my car as it's FWD. What does that tell me? Power at wheels? power at the fly wheel? Or if it is power at clutch what does that relate to?

One confused Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

AL B the reason for the none software corrected 4x4bhp is the rollers at the back are not doing anything they are just rollers so that they can run 4x4 cars.

That what the main bloke told me any way.

Jojo mines like that chart but with alot and i mean alot more bumps in it.

[ QUOTE ]
Jojo mines like that chart but with alot and i mean alot more bumps in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I saw your chart on the computer. Lots of peaks and bumps in the curve.

Let’s just say the curve looks like stairs.

The bloke who was driving them said it was making more power than normal and also that if it was chipped he would not be too happy but as standard it looks to be around 10-15bph more.

Hay that sounded good to me until he said the spikes are most likely to be the N75 valve or something

Thats interesting about the rollers as that means there is no load being applied to the rear rollers,the haldex sure wouldn't like that.hmm.

Mark, clutch power=power at flywheel

They have calculated the coast down losses ,ie from flywheel to road and added to you wheel hp figure although i notice you had a very dodgy reading for one of your runs.

[ QUOTE ]
Thats interesting about the rollers as that means there is no load being applied to the rear rollers,the haldex sure wouldn't like that.hmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I phoned to book I asked if it was ok for 4x4 cars as I did not want mine run in 2 i.e. take the fuse out. They said yes its ok for 4x4 cars as well but can only give a real wheel hp as the back rollers are really just there for the back wheels to turn and nothing else.

Ryan what would this do to the haldex system then?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

They didn't pull the fuse on the day ad ,mine doesn't even have one!!The best way to run without properly set-up 4wd rollers is too drop the prop.

Basically as the car accelerated the front rollers some power would be transfered to the rear where the car would expect load(resistance) but there would be none.Basically without getting too technical the load on both rollers would have to be equal and power(actually torque) would have to measured at all 4 wheels as well as a coast down of all 4 wheels.The boost control system on all 1.8t's is load dependant ,ie no load no boost.

Also Caney today even with 1.8+bar on a vf34 p20 only made 280atw and 306lb/t not far off my results.Something tells me it's the rollers.
Still a good day out and good to meet you all.

[ QUOTE ]
Also Caney today even with 1.8+bar on a vf34 p20 only made 280atw and 306lb/t not far off my results.Something tells me it's the rollers.
Still a good day out and good to meet you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

If its the rollers bring on the next rolling road day and try again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Yeah would be good to have another go but decent 4wd rollers that can run haldex are few and far between.
I tried arranging a meet at nobles a few months ago but didn't get enough interest.

As long as it dont cost a fortune i would like to do it again, so you can count me in on the next one.

Nobles is £38 each minimum 10 people.
Awesome ended up being £35.25 with the vat.

I would do it next time and my mate who i was with would like to do his Sub sti ppp if different cars are allowed.

Open to all.Maybe i should start a new thread.

[ QUOTE ]
although i notice you had a very dodgy reading for one of your runs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I have noticed that as well. On one of my runs it got a low figure on the chart, but it gave me a high clutch power figure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Also I would be up for another run as long as it's after May 15th. As I will have finished my Final year of Uni by then, but not before as I will have a fair bit of work to do.

Mark

[ QUOTE ]
Don't think the rear rollers are doing nothing, it must have some loading, didn't the Supra Twin-Turbo run on the rear rollers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the Supra was RWD

[ QUOTE ]
I have been there again today. Great stuff. Chipped RS6 was fantastic (omen666 of the tt-forum).

Also Caney's IHI TT went on there too.

A common theme is that people are confused about the figures. The facts are the dyno can calculate the losses for the 2wd cars, giving a "power at clutch" figure. I was told the rollers / software can't do that for 4wd yet. So any estimate of the losses is just that, and could obviously differ from car to car.

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

A nice suprise to see you there today Al. I shall be in touch.

No rumour rear roller is unloaded, as dynojet just realeased loaded rear last month, and jims floor will need digging up to fit it, which he is gonna do

Remember the majority of cars don't require load to boost although it does aid spool-up,they work off a simple valve/actuator set-up.It's only vag with it's over complicated bosch me7 that spoils the party.

Winner of dirtiest rear end goes too:-

SCROLL DOWN

tang.jpg

JOJO! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Did you watch the video of mine,what a racket!

PMSL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif that's pretty clean by my standards lol.

It was clean when I left the drive in the morning, damn gritters on the M6!