speedo problem

brownie 25

Reaction score
hi all,i had to take clocks out of the dash and the speedometer arm fell off so i took the cluster apart and put it back on,when i drove it wasn't reading right and then stooped working can i replace just the motor that controls it or do i need to replace the whole unit.

I reckon you've just pushed the motor of its cogs, take apart, look at rear motor & fit cogs back on if so, happens when you refit the needles.

I will try that tks,dose the nedle just push back on then or is there some sort of clip it didn't seem to lock in or any thing when I put it on

Its pushed back on, but when you push it can dislodge the rear motor cogs, so make sure cogs are all in place, refit housing & when putting needle back on make sure it doesn't dislodge whilst applying pressure.

hi nhn i took the back off the motor but in doing so bent the metal pieces inside and now no matter what way i fit it back it wont work,so back to my first question lol can i replace the motor its self.
tks

Personally I'd replace the clocks, much easier by the look of those components!
would that not just be a waste of money?i dont know the price of a set of clocks and i dont think i want to lol,i could change this part easy enough but just not sure if it the right one for my clocks

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…