Retrofitting RNS-E guide, help, tips?!

pocketrocket786

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Can anyone flourish me with any tips or guides on retrofitting an RNS-E unit. Ideally the following:

1).removal of single DIN cage - how to get it out easily, where bolts etc are located
2).Tips on trimming existing Climate control unit to fit within new double DIN cage
3) Where best to mount the GPS antenna

I have tried looking through existing threads and other online resources but nothing specific in regards to the above.

Could do with some help from those who have retro fitted an RNS-E unit into their B7.

Just to confirm I am going from Single din Audi concert (BOSE) to double DIN RNS-E unit from 07 RS4. I have all the bits (Double DIN Cage, Adapters, GPS antenna) just need to get it all in now.

Also if anyone is local in the midlands and has the facility and know-how to code my unit after please get in touch and I am sure we can sort something out.

Cheers

There's loads of info on these installs online, I suggest you do some more research tbh.

If it becomes a bit daunting, then we can offer to install it from start to finish.

With respect, if you had indeed researched you would of found the info you wanted, but because you choose not too, but want others to do it for you, you now act sarcastically, you don't want to pay someone else to do it, but you also don't want to search for the info, as a sponsor, how am I wrong in offering a service to get it all fitted properly for you?

Oh btw, here's a he list of rns-e info in the B7 section, go read:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/search.php?searchid=2950882

Hope that's helpful :)

Reactions: Geebo, ben.w93 and N8
For your information I had trawled the net to see if I could get the information I needed.... in the end I could not find anything specific to what I wanted hence why I posted on the forum to see if anyone could help or assist as a few have retro fitted themselves. That's what a forum is for is it not, to view and share knowledge about a car we all share an interest in?

Evidently I am not searching in the correct areas, secondly what wrong with someone trying to save a bit of money and doing a job like this themselves and asking for a little help on the way, yes I may not want to spend in excess of £200 to pay someone to do it, but if I can do it myself albeit with a little assistance whats the issue????

Oh and your link doesn't even work. Thanks again.

Search works 100% everytime I click it.

There have been untold self installs on this forum & others, so I fail to see how you could of searched & found none at all, my instincts tell me you cant be bothered to read any existing threads.

You said at the end of your initial post if anyone's able to code, as I go all over the country, I offered to provide an install option so you don't have the issues of not knowing how to etc, but you decided to act sarcastically instead of politely declining, can you see how this could be taken by someone merely offering to assist, albeit at a cost, but hey that's why sponsors pay for the ability to offer.

As for little assistance, with respect, you're basically asking for info how to install it from scratch, hence my offer to do the lot, I see no issue with the offer, but also see no reason for the sarcasm either, my 1st search found 100+ instances of rns-e mentioned, which does show you didn't search very well.

I wish you luck with your search for info to self install :)

Reactions: Geebo
People can be frustrating on here sometimes. There are lots of step by step guides out there. This may be of some help, Retro fitting SatNav to a B6 S4 I will be retrofitting one into our B6 s4 cab that has a single din concert at the moment. Good luck. They are reasonably easy cars to work on. I have had mine apart a few times, retrofitted aux in and cruise control into my previous A4.