Ma Heid Is Nippin !!!

noslojo

Reaction score
Website
www.starperformance.co.uk
Have a bit of a dilema as I have up to £1300 to spend on my S3 but don't know what to get for it !!!

Easy you say !?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Well Its been remapped and has Samco hoses but is otherwise standard.

What it needs urgently is a set of tyres (I can get 4 F1s for £400 fitted)

But . . .

I can get a Brembo GT brake kit fitted for about £450 - £500

AND

I really would like a set of BBS 18s but getting the brakes would mean buying reps which I'm not sure would fit with the over the calipers (I really like the look of the latest RS4 reps and can get them for £700 with decent tyres). Do the 9 spoke RSTT reps wheels fit over Brembo calipers ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I like the idea of getting new wheels as I would like the car to look somewhat different and to be honest I've never been hard on my brakes so logic says by the BBS wheels and nothing else. However I would like to do some track days and therefore the brakes would be a good buy again this comes back to the wheels fitting or would I just needs a set of spacers (prefer not to do this) ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I keep going over things and thinking about it but then keep changing my mind. Can anyone help as I don't know when I'll have more cash to spend on the car with Christmas and a Florida holiday in Feb (it could easily be another year) ????????? On top of that I'm not sure if I'll keep the car more than acouple of years more! Maybe I need to decide what I want from the car and then that will make my choices easier eh ?!?

Kev

if your not hard on the brakes and dont do track days then id stick with the std brakes. I`ve driven mine fast for a number of miles and never found the brakes to go. You only need the upgrade if you like flying into corners then braking hard, if you take them quick in faster out I dont see the need for the brake imo.

Go for BBS CH's, and then fit some slotted discs and some decent pads... That should set you back about £300all in.

Rich