Head light switch

matt116

Reaction score
Just a quick one if someone can help. My head light switch is illuminating intermittently (sp?)
It is only the headlight section as the fog and switch light up as they should. I have checked and it would appear that I can get to the unit via the fuse board at the end of the dash, but my question is what will I find, do I replace a bulb or could it be a loose wire?

Many thanks

Matt

The unit pops out, there's no need to gain access via the fuse board.

I think it was a4sline that posted how to to it in the tech section, hang on I'll see if I can find it.

Kev.

To remove the switch, you need to puch the lightswitch nob inwards(it's spring loaded) then rotate it left and pull the whole unit out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Mine does exactly the same thing - nothing obvious to replace when you do get the light switch out so I reckon it is a new switch job. Hence decided to live with it.

Thanks lads, I must say this site is excellent.

I thought the same as you jcs356, a whole switch unit, thanks Audi but I may have a look anyway.

Thanks again

Matt

Sorry to be a pain, but just had a go at removing the switch and it will push in and turn to the left a little but it won't go any further.
Should it just pop out or do I need to be really forceful. If I do get it out will the whole unit come out as I would have thought the lights are built into the whole surround thats why I thought about the rear access. Make sense or am I rambling on?

Hi, from memory, the switch comes out with the curved piece of plastic around it. Just a gentle tug should do it.