Stereo problem

Indian

Reaction score
Hello people I know you guys wont take long to amswer my this question.

I had Audi factory fitted stereo in my car including the CD changer which was the concert model I swaped it with my alpine MP3 head Unit which I had in mine BMW , Well the problem is I nknow it's staright swap basically only the problem I am facing now is whenever I do the setting on my head unit after switching the car off , I loose all the memory on my head unit can any one help me with this its really annoyieng at the moment .

Do we loose the display as well when we change head unit to after market one it's gone blank now .

Last thing I am not getting any sound on the rear speakers only the fron one's .

Please help me people .
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hello people I know you guys wont take long to amswer my this question.

I had Audi factory fitted stereo in my car including the CD changer which was the concert model I swaped it with my alpine MP3 head Unit which I had in mine BMW , Well the problem is I nknow it's staright swap basically only the problem I am facing now is whenever I do the setting on my head unit after switching the car off , I loose all the memory on my head unit can any one help me with this its really annoyieng at the moment .

Do we loose the display as well when we change head unit to after market one it's gone blank now .

Last thing I am not getting any sound on the rear speakers only the fron one's .

Please help me people .
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The loss of settings & memory suggests you've not got the right power feed. I'm not sure what you have to do to correct that, but if you search on the ICE section of the forum, I know it's been posted before. If you can't find it, send a private message to Andymac, and he will tell you what you need to do in a jiffy.

I can tell you the reason why you're not getting any sound to the rear speakers. It's because the rears are active speakers, powered by their own amplifier, bolted onto the side of the left rear speaker (I think it's the left). The OEM Concert HU does not have conventional line-level speak-outs, but feeds the active rear speaker from a pre-out.

If you want sound to the rears, there are two options.

1) Fit an adapter, to connect the existing rear speaker wiring to a pre-out on your Alpine HU. Something like this Adapter link will do the trick.

2) Remove the active rear speakers. They're made by Nokia, are fed y about 10 watts each from the on-board amp, and sound awful. Replace them with a decent set of after markets, wired directly to the rear speaker outs on the Alpine HU. This is what I would choose. I can heartily recommend Kenwood Dual-mags.

As far as the Driver Information System display is concerned, you will lose that, as there is no facility for interfacing the Alpine HU with the DIS.

[ QUOTE ]
See ICE post

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, sorry, Andymac. Didn't see you get in there before me, LOL!

swap the power points around as it sound like you have the perm live and ignition live the wrong way.

And as stated you will need to add a power adapter to run the rear or swap them out plus your goner need an arial adapter from Halfords to get a stong signal.

Can ypu please explain which is the live , I am really thick when it comes to the wiring's can you please explain it to me in bit brief matey .

Much obliged .

Cheers matey.