strut braces

jay1601

Reaction score
looking at making the A3 a bit more stiff.

ordered a S3 front upper strut brace.

didn't go with a front lower as i think it will catch the road over bumps.

ive seen this on ebay this is for the MK4 golf (but would of thought it will fit the A3 aswell). not a fan of the design but apprently they do work (according to the golf forums)
RACELAND alloyed strut bar / brace, rear, polished "Spider-Look" - VW GOLF mk4 | eBay

also seen this but i can't see how it would fix is place, any ideas ?
Ultra Racing 2 Points Rear Strut Brace Bar for Volkswagen Golf MK4 GTI 1.8T | eBay

any more opinions welcome

Reactions: Prawn
The raceland one fits, ive got it in my s3, just need chance to properly fix it though as its just wedge, totaly stopped the rear creaking as well.

could you stick a few photos up when you get a chance of how its held in place. cant seem to find any good photo on google of it

I'm not a fan of my cupra r with the strut brace on, understeer is worse and I found it easier to chuck around more predictable without the strut brace. I think prawn was going to fit his strut brace (upper) and report back ..... Would be worth seeing what he finds result wise as he is running alot more bhp than my Leon.

Sean

Their isnt any of a a3/s3 mate thats why. Its not held in place yet, its only wedge in, i need to properly fix it in at the 4 points.