18" rs4 wheels.......

Kipper

Reaction score
I'm after some help.....(and new to the audi scene)

RS4 18" 9 spoke alloys, will they fit an S3 without rubbing? and will they stick out? (standard suspension)

replica or genuine? apart from price, any differences?
(new genuine, too expensive for me,2nd hand genuine are about the price of new replicas? what do i buy??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

trye choice?

any info will be a help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif

cheers

You can't fit genuine RS4's, the PCD (diameter of the wheel bolt layout) is 112 on the RS4, and 100 on A3/S3. You can get genuine 9 spoke TT wheels which will fit perfectly, or go for replicas for about £820 including Goodyear F1's. The style of TT 9 spoke & replica's differ from RS4's slightly. The curve is more pronounced on the RS4's and the beading on the spokes runs all the way round, rather than tapering out on the others. The most noticeable difference on replica's is the centre caps. These are usually cheap & nasty and let the overall wheel down, so budget for some original Audi wheel caps (£16 each +VAT). I don't think you can do better than the F1's for the money, there are probably slightly better dry tyres, but when in matters (in the wet) the Goodyears are outstanding. Plenty of originals & replica's on ebay.

Cheers andy,
a big help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

any more opinions?

Kipper

Sorry forgot the attachment. These are my replicas bought from Rochford Tyres for £805 including tyres & balancing. I had to fork out for Audi centre caps as the ones that came with them (on the left) were really nasty.

looking nice, I think you should sell them to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, as this would sort out all the hassel phoneing round

I got them back in June this year. I needed a full set of tyres anyway, and the 17" wheels I had were never quite big enough on the A4, so I sold them on ebay for £300, thus the new wheels only really cost be £30 each.

[ QUOTE ]
Kipper said:
Cheers andy,
a big help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

any more opinions?

Kipper

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah AndyMac is bang on as usual.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I part exchanged my old S3 alloys for a set of RS 18's and paid £700 cash, they had new pilot's and were in excellent condition.

kipper
if u are in the south east u can try www.r-tecautodesign.com

i got my rs4 reps from there, £895 with pirelli P7000, fitted and balanced. and came with center caps almost identical to Audi originals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

watch out for center caps on the replicas they are usually the horrid (IMO) shiny ones as seen in the pic above, standard caps from an audi deeler will cost u about £16 each. just something to bear in mind when comparing prices.

Adam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

sorry i havnt got any pics, im waiting on my new phone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I assure u they look just like AndyMacs above.

Adam

Hi all... if you need any wheel/tyre packages, just ask. state what tyre preferences you have, wheel style/make/size and ill give you a quote. As easy as that! I am a fellow A3 owner, and guarantee you a price which will get you scratching your heads!... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif Go on ... try me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif or tyres on there own... go on.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif any questions, feel free! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

sorry guys, just read the rules and didnt mean to sorta break them by my above post! I apologise profusely! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif i just work in the industry and could do fellow members good deals thats all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif p.s photos of my new 19" wheels on my car coming soon! (its at the garage now!

just a quick few pics of my new -40mm A3 on 19" alloys! hehe
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[ QUOTE ]
A3'sRule said:
just a quick few pics of my new -40mm A3 on 19" alloys! hehe
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, amzing how dropping the A3 and putting some bigger wheels changes the look of the normally boring A3....the best mods I ever made.