Audi A3 Quattro 3.2

bootrunner

Reaction score
Hi all,
Looking at buying a 2003 A3 3.2 quattro. Its done about 60k, full audi service history. Anything I should look for while checking it over?
Thanks.

If you can get an RAC inspection or similar it will be worth the money.
They are not cheap to fix if they do go wrong.
Scan it if you can with VCDS and listen for any knocking from the gearbox when you test drive it. Don't just listen to the engine note!!
Also listen for an excessive metallic rattling near the oil filler cap.

Reactions: bootrunner
I got the exact same on a 54 reg last year, its been faultless. Mine had majority audi history. Nothing serious to report just minor age related wear and tear if anything. So far I done spark plugs, drive belt and boot wiper motor.

Reactions: bootrunner
Just seen the £460 road tax fee, ouch! maybe my head is right and i should go with a smaller version

No its only £460 if its built in 2006 onwards....

Mines a 53 plate. I don't pay that mate. I put 6 months on it in November it was £145 I think. I would just buy the car. Who cares about speeding tickets and the impending bankruptcy. Life is too short.

Reactions: shariain and bootrunner
CAMCHAIN STRETCH!!!!!! the older ones suffer with this. apart from that enjoy the noise

Ok, thanks for your input. Ill listen for metallic noise and check for clonks. It is a dealer selling the car so I've got some comeback. How much is an rac check anyone??

£460. BTW I didn't do any of the above, it's what I should have done.
Learn from my mistakes lol.

I don't think an RAC check would be needed if its from a dealer, just make sure you take a good look around the car and test the gears, especially if its dsg. Also the usual checks service history, owners, etc

The road tax initially looks steep, its about £250 more than the S3? works out at 24£ more a month, still significant I guess.

I did a thread a while back on some basic costs, the biggest consumption is the fuel it just drinks and drinks and....drinks!

If you are driving manual, I would say save up and get an 8P S3.

My 2012 S3. cost me exactly £250 for 12 months as of January 2013.

Could anyone help me please. I’ve had a 2004 Audi a3 3.2 for years. I bought the car and the prop bushes had failed and as I result of driving it I smashed the exhaust and lambda sensors. Any way long story short I repaired it and the other end of the prop was damaged. So it went again. I drove it into the work shop and removed the prop shaft once and for all. The would not start afterwards. I’ve checked all fuses. Got fuel. Got air. Got a spark. But nothing. I’ve scanned the car and it will not communicate with the engine ecu. I’ve tried another ecu but still no communication too. The cooling fan constantly runs with the ignition on. I did get it running once by bridging the fuel pump relay but then nothing. It just cut out. I’ve asked a few people that I know and one said try the ecu relay which hasn’t fixed it and on other said it could be a can bus fault. I’d like some to point me in the right direction with what to try next.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…