How low did you go

Den13

Reaction score
Looking to lower the a3 it will have bbs ch replicas on it want the back to be functional ie not rub and scrub would 40 mm be ok

Steve needs to sit in the boot as well
image_zpsd8b15d1a.jpg
image_zps6b99c915.jpg

Last edited:
What size bbs and what size tyres?

Any thing lower then 40mm and you will need drop links as well, 40mm seems perfect if you just want to say you have a drop!

Iv got JOM coils and I'm 20mm from full turn down on front coils and about 10mm from the rear, I still load my bags and all the wifes crap and can go on holiday with no issues. I'm also using 18" with 215/35 rubber

6ade4e2e.jpg

The wheels will be 205/45/18 if I remember right and just looking for springs as its only a 1.6 just more for cosmetic than function although has to function in everyday practicality

My A3 is on 35mm with 18" BBS CH
I have pics in my build thread. I boughtmy setup from DPM on here from Damien for around £300

Stupid question asking other people.

I bet hardly anyone measures standard height then fits coilovers and measures again. So pretty much no one can tell you how much to lower it by, because 1.cars will differ. 2.suspension differs. 3. Peoples tastes/needs differ.

Lower it to whatever height you wabt, whatever is functional and whatever the look you want.
My front arches are about 63cm high, but that means sod all to anyone.

So your answer, lower it to whareve

Well as stated its just springs NOT coilovers so the height will be prity much the same lowering it on springs as anybody elses lowered on springs, the old a3 was on 17 tt alloys lowered 40mm and was fine so just wanted to know if 18s made much diffrence to practicality

The a3 looks good jay I take it its ok for practicality?

No issues with the 18s the ride is stiffer when going over bumps.
Still got about another inch to drop so no chance of rubbing (In my case)

Sorry to drop in but where would you go about getting the drop links and are they adjustable or just "lowered" ones?