Advice on private number plate transfear?

AntonTDI

Reaction score
Ino this ain't the correct place but it concerns an S3, the car is still registered under trade, so can I put the new reg on? Or does itvhsvevto have a registered keeper rather than the yellow bit on the v5 logbook filled out?

Have you just bought the car ? or are you keeping the car as under trade ?

If you want the plate, it has to be in a registered name, not trade, many a time I have wanted a plate but it wernt worth registering the car.

Unless you know the person well enough who you have had the car off, or who you are selling it too.. then you can have it off before or after..

If you aint bothered about adding owners, register it to yourself, or someone, then put it back in trade.

Cheers for the reply, really it has to stay on the trade for ins purposes

But the option to add a owner don't really phase me do I guess it's gonna be that call! Can dvla local office do it all same day for me?

Plus the person who I'm buying the car off is a very good friend So pretty much flexiable to do what ever, what would you recommend? Thanks

Get her to have the plate off, takes about 5 days, logbook will come in 3/4 weeks, soon as the v5 is back, send off the trade slip. easiest way.

Johal thanks for the reply mate, I have now the current logbook without the trade slip as this has been sent off.
So now I want to put the plate on the car as its currently on the standard year plate, how is the do able with out registering the car to a current owner as it has to stay on traders name for insurances purposes... What you reccomend fella

If you know the previous owner, just do it with there details, a fresh logbook will come back through to here, go down the local office, so a trade policy, mot and v5. job done.