xenon headlight washers

G

Gordo77

Ok, had my Daytona Grey 2.0 TDI S Line for 24 hours, but not actually sure how/when the headlight washers activate... Obviously been using the windscreen washers a lot with all the salt on the roads, but when do the headlights get sprayed?

headlights only get washed when they are on, some cars dont wash when on full beam as the temperature of the lense is too hot but I think the xenon lights wash on both as they do on my Q

Ok, had my Daytona Grey 2.0 TDI S Line for 24 hours, but not actually sure how/when the headlight washers activate... Obviously been using the windscreen washers a lot with all the salt on the roads, but when do the headlights get sprayed?

On my current A4 Avant, the lights are washed every fifth spray, or thereabouts, of the windscreen.

I believe it's time-limited, so they'll wash with the windscreen if they're on, but then won't wash again for a certain period, as you don't want it happening every time you clear the screen when it's particularly mucky.

Also, don't do it when stationary as you'll end up with a bonnet literally covered in soap suds :)

I've seen some settings on newer 8P's that allow you to set how many screen washes before the headlight washers will come on again, so may be configurable on 8V aswell, also how long before after pulling the stalk that the washers start.

pull for longer than 2 seconds and if the lights are on they will wash whatever has happened previously

Just want to check if anyone has any success with the headlight washer system.

I've just tried it and nothing seems to happen. (Headlights are on in auto mode and washing the windscreen)

No probs with the system. The only thing is to make sure they are actually on (rather than in stand-by in auto). If they are on, you should get the washing every so often!

Yeah mine work ok even in Auto. Washes the headlights with every X number of windscreen washes. It annoys me though as quite often I've only recently cleaned the car and then I spray the windscreen and end up with water all over the bonnet and lights.... wish there was a way to disable/control it manually!

Reactions: JohnM100
You can't - it's the law for Xenon lights to have a washer system!