1.8t running issues help needed !!

mr-bongo

Reaction score
last week fitted an induction kit was runing fine for 2 days, went to start it on the night it was very cold and wouldnt start but i just put it down to the weather, the next day tried to start it but wouldnt start without throttle but would die if i let it idle i held the revs for a few mins and then it was fine drove to the petrol station when i tried to start it again it would start for a few seconds and then die again, refitted the old air box got all the plugs out (they were black and wet) cleaned them up put them all back in and still wouldnt start left it there for a day,came back to it and it would start with throttle have a really lumpy idle and the revs would shoot up and would die immediatly, it was making a funny smell and there was fuel on the floor which had come out the exhaust, had it towed home last night tried to start it and it was running fine, made a funny squeel noise for a couple second after it was running for 5 mins i drove it down the road still no problem turned it off and now doing the same as before :L , someone suggested the cat or o2 sensors, any help will be appreciated :) :sos:

what car is it? engine code?

how long have you had the car? Long enough to know that the problem definitely wasn't there before fitting the induction kit?

have you got access to vagcom/vcds?

what car is it? engine code?

how long have you had the car? Long enough to know that the problem definitely wasn't there before fitting the induction kit?

have you got access to vagcom/vcds?
its an a3 1.8t AGU , ive had it 12 months ,yeah it had no problems before the induction kit although i dont know if that is the cause, my brother has a code reader but lives far away he said he will come next week, its on 116,000 had a full service and been desludged 3 months ago
thanks

okay, recent update if you leave the car for a day or couple hours it will start with throttle and run for half hour before cutting out although today went for 45 mins and i turned the engine off,it seems to run okay no dodgey sounds but does hesitate on idle once in a while ,got a vcds when i first scanned it it came up with, not sure if it matters but the one way valve on the pcv system snapped off when fitting the manifold so we js blocked it off at the manifold although the car has run fine as it is since march

P1062 power terminal 30 voltage low
P0116 bad signal from coolant temp sensor
P0130 lambda sensor b1 s1 curcuit malfunction
P1570 immobiliser
P0103 mas air flow sensor signal too high
maximum boost pressure exceeded

i erased the codes tried to start it but still wouldnt go so i left it for a few days it started up for half an hour when it died i scanned it again it came up with

P1602 power terminal 30 voltage low
P0103 MAF singnal too high
maximum boost pressure exceeded

did the same process again and then it onlycame up with

P0103 MAF signal too high

did the process again today when it ran for about 45 mins i even drove it round the block a few times and then turned it off myself
came up with

P0116 engine coolant temp sensor bad signal
P0103 MAF signal to high

help would be much appreciated

At a minimum you have a faulty MAF or a huge boost leak and coolant temperature sensor. Id also bet the 02 sensor one will come back too