Cheap Black Optics Grill

_a3sport

Reaction score
Does anyone know anywhere that sells the black optics grill cheap (standard 56 plate)? Tried Stoke Audi parts and all the ebay Audi dealers, cheapest I can find is £230 delivered with the black number plate plinth (dearest was £265 lol). I was thinking of painting my original but know its just going to chip over time and in the long run annoy me if I have to get it sprayed again.

Well if you have it sprayed it should last, some say on here that "PlastiDip" is good for long term finishes.

Reactions: Leon tfsi
Plasti-Dip it.
Did mine on an A4 B7 as refused to pay over £100 for some plastic.
done plenty motorway mile and still pretty much mark free, just make sure you clean the surface well and use some form of primer to help with the adhesion. plasti-dip is also pretty easy to touch up should any little marks etc appear.

Cars black so don't want matt black plasti-dip. Heard you can add a glossifier but not seen any pics on a black car. Personally I think gloss black paint or black optics grill will look better.

Sure you can get a gloss black plasti-dip. as some people have gloss black surround with matt black inner Grill.

Sure you can get a gloss black plasti-dip. as some people have gloss black surround with matt black inner Grill.

There is a 'glossifier' and in the US some 'metalisers' to spray over matt black plasti-dip and achieve a glossy finish.

Or, as per my latest effort, use plasti-dip as a base layer (no prep required, will still peel off) and then go over it with a gloss black paint then a clear lacquer. Not fitted to my car yet and no closer photos I'm afraid......

photo9.jpg

hello mate
there a guy on ebay selling them for £60 for a optic black grill for A3 8P 2005-2008..........
Its a little better than the hundreds of pounds audi are asking for...

Reactions: J17_KNO
Cool thanks for that i did not find those guys, but most certainly will be picking up one from there instead and seeing what else they have that i may need! Thanks a3_sline_tdi thanks added!!

hello mate
there a guy on ebay selling them for £60 for a optic black grill for A3 8P 2005-2008..........
Its a little better than the hundreds of pounds audi are asking for...

Cheers but already seen it. Thought it was a resold FK one but couldn't find it on their site. Not sure what I'll do, I was hoping someone could source cheap OEM grills. Don't really want to stick an SLine badge on a non SLine, are there any other suitable badges out there?

Last edited:
I did mine with vinyl wrap, dunt look too bad and cost me like £30 all in from eBay.
Doesn't seem to chip and is pretty strong stuff.

Car

The one from FK does not fit the S3!