MIGGZ's A3 1.8t - The all rounder build thread

MIGGZ

nanananananananan BATMAN
Reaction score
Hey guys my name is Miggz and im from South Africa and here is my A3, i never took many pics (and most the pics i have are shyt quality) from when i got the car to now which is 9 months later.
Ill start with how i got the car

The car is a 2003 model, 1.8t AUM and had 108 000km on the clock with a full service history.
The 1st thing i did was colour code the bumbers and the sides

i then put a set of rims on it SSW 18" 8j with 215/35/18 acceleras

next up was the cupra lip and a set of JOM coilovers and a set of links

next up was a set of Glowshift gauges, i did not want to do the pilar mount or drill into my dash so i put them on the roof. I know what you thinking "how da **** do you see it?" but if i sit back in the seat i can actually glimps at it pretty easy
oil and boost

these gauges also change colour with a push of a button to 7 colours of my choice

i did a few mods at this stage

here is a pic of my std 16s that i use to mess around on club track days

and after a few laps i ****** what was new ATE pads

Reactions: Essexman
my service was dude and figured while i was doing cambelt and sump service i figured i would do a few things
1st up was n249 delete and fitting a oil catch can

next was the powerflex dog bone, and installing a stage 2 progressive water meth kit

got my hands on a very scarce froge carbon engine cover for lunch money and cleaned it up and fitted it

im also running unitronic stage 2 file on a everyday driving map that does 220whp or 170wkw and 400nm

at the moment im busy with a 6pot Vari racing kit but with the 312mm disk
i know this pic is of a 8pot setup but its just to show

here is the mock test of a 6pot on the 312 disk

i should be getting the calipers this thursday fitted cant wait!!!!!!!
here are some random pics of my car

the whole idea of this car is to have a little bit of everything
so it needs to be fast but economical and reliable, if i want to go on track day it must handle it and be quick, if i want to go on holiday i must just get in and drive, it also needs to be a show stopper and look pretty lol
any way thanks for viewing guys

Reactions: cta3, robin_bga, Mrharris2 and 2 others
car looks great..... i like where you fitted the gauges, never thought of up there before and you don't need to be looking at them all the time do ya so yeah, nice

Reactions: MIGGZ
car looks great..... i like where you fitted the gauges, never thought of up there before and you don't need to be looking at them all the time do ya so yeah, nice

see that was the whole idea and i did now want to be driving around at night and looking like a xmas tree with all the lights! thanks dude

gona do a full mod list up to now excluding the brakes

Motor:
samco tip
76mm induction
forge 008 dv
76mm dp
76mm catback with 1 resinator and 1 box
fmic
snow stage 2 water meth
UNITRONIC stage 2 with 24psi map
WOTbox
powerflex dog bone

interior:
JVC double din dvd player
infinity 5 1/4 splits in front
infinity 6" co ax rear
pheonix gold 4ch 1200watt amp
memphiss monoblock
pheonix gold 12" sub in a ported box
TT pedals
glowshift gauges

Exterior:
cupra lip
colour coded bumpers
S3 boot spoiler
35% tinted windows
yellow fogs
slight tinted headlights with HID kit

suspension + handling:
solid LCA bushes
JOM coilovers
steel links
18" SSW 8j wheels
215/35/18 accelera tyres
DOT 5.1 brake fluid
ATE vented slotted drilled disks
EBC yellowstuff pads

Reactions: fanta and vivalacoulter
What a lovely car, really really nice spec for a daily all rounder, very much like my old daily in many ways.

Love it - looks amazing in white too!

What a lovely car, really really nice spec for a daily all rounder, very much like my old daily in many ways.

Love it - looks amazing in white too!

thanks nick really means alot, especially coming from you the A3 god! your thread has helped me alot and your car is even my background on my note book lol

thanks nick really means alot, especially coming from you the A3 god! your thread has helped me alot and your car is even my background on my note book lol

thanks man.

I know you'll have fun in this, because the most fun I ever had on track was actually in my daily A3 as well! No pressure, just arrive and drive cool fun

Your spec is impressive, I had no idea you'd done so much! and it clearly started out as a decent car to begin with, lovely seats!

thanks dude I got a bad habit of not taking pics.
i have had the car since this year feb.
next up is to find a cheap set of 17s for semi's and stiffening up the chassis without doing a cage (as much as I would love one) and without cutting the interior

The Audi is looking neat dude! Keep it up :icon_thumright:

very fresh looking, like the dials idea too.

Cars looks ace. In white too, which is super rare. Great selection of mods.

Sup guys
So got my brakes fitted last thursday at BIG BRAKES DIRECT, the service was amazing. Rinaldo (the owner and fitter) took me into the workshop and actually showed me step to step on how its fitted and done was very impressed.
The nice thing about these calipers is its custom made for your MC and not just off the shelf product, you can also choose what ever colour you want on them.

I'll start with the pics and progress then ill list the setup

the STD stuff

the 312mm S3 disks

the brackets

the calipers

the calipers fitted

and with the rims back on

so specs:
the calipers are a 6pot
the disks are the 312mm S3 disks that have been heat treated and grooved, the reason i went for the 312mm is that its a over the counter disk thats affordable and my 16" rims can still fit on them
pads are EBC BLUE STUFF
and Braided brake lines

Last edited:
Reactions: SamHendry
Loving every step of this Build / Thread..
This car is a real head turner

Congrats Miggzy!

Hi Miggz

Glad to see you started a rides thread. Car is looking tops man. Love the calipers.

How does it compare to the standard ones?

Very cool lovely looking calipers. be interesting to see how you get on with the blues, are these the new compound blues?

Hi Miggz

Glad to see you started a rides thread. Car is looking tops man. Love the calipers.

How does it compare to the standard ones?

Yeah dude I'm over the other forums so much issues!

Its a day n night difference in stopping power and feel

Very cool lovely looking calipers. be interesting to see how you get on with the blues, are these the new compound blues?

Thanks Mr Prawn
They are the new compound yes, its a little hard and non responsive until the 1st block is over then its game on! Its give a lil squeek but its at speeds lower the 20km/h but no noise at high speed braking or shudder

so a small update (no pictures thou im sorry)

dropped the sump last night for the service, found some carbon pieces in there about the size of a pin head which is a little concern i dont know why?

found a oil leak by my solenoid for my glowshift oil pressure gauge, the unit looked like it had swollen by the top and pushed oil out the top where the wires get connected. closed its down and sealed it, iv mailed glowshift international so just waiting for a reply.

going to drain gearbox oil tonight and stripping out from the front seats back. want to see where i can move my 2 amps to and thinking about putting a light coat of rubber from the rear seats to the boot. So for track days when i take out the interior it still looks neat and tidy!

Ill take photos of that tonight when i do it.

Loving reading this project - my 1st day with the site, new to Audi (just got my first A3 T Sport)
What an amazing set of updates!
Hope you get some food feedback from the oil guage company.

Loving reading this project - my 1st day with the site, new to Audi (just got my first A3 T Sport)
What an amazing set of updates!
Hope you get some food feedback from the oil guage company.

Thanks mate, welcome to ASN its the forums of all forums I love it here, everyone is so helpful and so informative!
I got my inspiration from a user on here called PRAWN if you want to see how a real A3 is built look for his monster!
Once again welcome and thank you for the kind words

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…