LED Rear Lights on Sprint Blue B7

Reaction score
My rear offside tail light has started to have a build up of condensation within the housing and also the lens appears smoked for some reason. Anyway it requires replacing but I was thinking of upgrading them to LED style to give the rear end more of a modern look to as I already have pressed plates and LED number plate light modules fitted.

I have been looking at these FK Automotive (good quality brand) ones on eBay. There is also a smoked version available which is greyed out where the clear section is but I don't think they would suit the light colour (Sprint Blue) of my car very well and don't look as OEM either.

Just wanted everyone's thoughts and opinions (good or bad) on what they think and how they might look on Sprint Blue. I've put some pictures the rear of my car (only ones I have) below, would be great if it could be Photoshopped but may prove tricky.

Thanks in advance, Azeem.

$(KGrHqNHJCEE63(UQ+peBO5cudWljw~~60_12.JPG

null-7.jpg

cd6d2d9a.jpg

EDIT: Managed to get a picture of the smoked ones fitted to a Sprint Blue on an eBay listing.

!CEmS7J!EWk~$(KGrHqIOKokE0fS6R!e2BNSY9Bp91g~~_12.JPG

Last edited:
Ive got the same car as you just the 57 plate one, the blue is such a nice blue i have to admit, but quite hard to match things with the adui trademarks of chromes and such.

personally id stick with stock lights as they suit the car well.

Quick question though, your rear LED lights did you have a problem of one blinking on and off constantly? also any problems with sidelights and LED lights while the engines off ?

Ive got the same car as you just the 57 plate one, the blue is such a nice blue i have to admit, but quite hard to match things with the adui trademarks of chromes and such.

personally id stick with stock lights as they suit the car well.

Quick question though, your rear LED lights did you have a problem of one blinking on and off constantly? also any problems with sidelights and LED lights while the engines off ?

With regards to the LEDs I notice some of the A6 Avants have similar style (LEDs) as pictured.

mhSrROHiOiuHb7RYyHKGoRw.jpg

No problems with the number plate lights but do get error once in a blue moon on start up but it disappears almost instantly.

Only problem I've noticed otherwise with the glove box LED is that when the engine is off it flickers like mad! :blink: It's probably something to do with the module not liking the low resistance of the LEDs.

Might just stick to standard lights and just get a replacement for the faulty one on the right side. Not too sure on the LED ones anymore.

do you auto lights? i get same problem with errors on my led lights so just turn lights on n off and its cleared! think its because i have auto lights on my car thou!

I'd stick with OEM personally. I've never understood the fascination with LEDs for the tail lights and number plate lights. The number plate ones in particular always seem to cause problems with the DIS, but apart from that, what's the point anyway? The one person who never gets to see what they look like is the person who had the expense and aggro of buying them and getting them to work.

Last edited: