2.0TDi clutch replacement

BradHatton

Reaction score
Hi,

I feel my clutch may be on its way out.

Can anybody recommend a cheap replacement, or even an uprated one if the right price.

I'm unsure whether it is going, but it seems it.. I'm struggling to get it in and out of 1st and reverse, asif it is getting stuck, also I if I lift the clutch pedal ever so slightly without even touching the accelerator, the car will slowly move..

Any help appreciated!

May not be the clutch mate, i had this problem when my flywheel began to give up on me, struggled to go into gears, had to pump the clutch a few times. U checked ur brake fluid levels? Anyhow, dont skimp out on the clutch if it is that, "buy cheap pay twice". If its the flywheel then look into the single mass flywheel conversions if it takes ur fancy as a new dual mass flywheel is expensive.

Checkout darkside developments for their SMF kits, i think SACHS do one too

May not be the clutch mate, i had this problem when my flywheel began to give up on me, struggled to go into gears, had to pump the clutch a few times. U checked ur brake fluid levels? Anyhow, dont skimp out on the clutch if it is that, "buy cheap pay twice". If its the flywheel then look into the single mass flywheel conversions if it takes ur fancy as a new dual mass flywheel is expensive.

Checkout darkside developments for their SMF kits, i think SACHS do one too

Thanks for the response mate, that does sound accurate, although It only does it in and out of reverse. Every other gear seems fine at the mo!
I don't actually know how to check my brake fluid levels haha :SOS:
What did you do about it and what sort of money did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Mine seemed to ease up once warm at first but when it let go completely i was fighting to put it into gear. The kit was around £400 but i had a lot of other work done too so not sure of the cost of just the flywheel and clutch kit labour. Get it to a garage to have it checked anyway cos i may still be wrong it just sounds similar to my problems. Brakefluid reservoir is just to the right of the coolant reservoir

Mine seemed to ease up once warm at first but when it let go completely i was fighting to put it into gear. The kit was around £400 but i had a lot of other work done too so not sure of the cost of just the flywheel and clutch kit labour. Get it to a garage to have it checked anyway cos i may still be wrong it just sounds similar to my problems. Brakefluid reservoir is just to the right of the coolant reservoir

As said - I think it my just be due to low brake fluid level. I will top it up tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.

Thankfully today I have had absolutely no issue with the clutch or gears, so I'm pretty certain it is the brake fluid.