Rear washer stopped working

Surfer

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a 2009 Leman 2.0TDi Avant, only had this for a few weeks. While driving to London this weekend, the rear washer stopped working, any ideas what the most likely cause of this or location of the failed of the hose that connects from the front? The car is under warranty, however I bought it from quite a way away and if its a quick fix, will sort it out myself.

Thanks,
Brett.

The pipework runs left side of car from engine bay... under carpet to rear washer... firstly I would check behind left hand side boot trim if there is a leak occurring there... the washer pipework is corrugated plastic tubing with fabric loom tape...

On mine (2005) pipework had join in wheel arch... under the carpet... last one at rear wiper motor... these can come apart when incorrect screenwash mixture used and it freeze...

I would also just check if the jet nozzle is blocked on wiper arm...

I had the same problem I found that the washer bottle lid wasn't sealing I put some self adhesive foam tape around the inner edge of the lid and it's fine now bizzare I know! try putting your hand over the bottle neck and make afirm seal then get someone to opperate the washer

I had the same problem I found that the washer bottle lid wasn't sealing I put some self adhesive foam tape around the inner edge of the lid and it's fine now bizzare I know! try putting your hand over the bottle neck and make afirm seal then get someone to opperate the washer

Thanks for that, that seems to be the problem, is bizarre too! It was working fine last week, then I topped it up on Friday and noticed it was no good on the Saturday.

Need to get the tape sorted, however I did manage to get some flow through it when I was playing about with it last night.

Thanks Gupsterg,

Gave the nozzles a strip down and all seems okay, looked in the well and no water build up, which was a relief. Seems the problem is due to suction from poor seal on the water bottle lid, so all sorted.

Rather glad of that as was not looking forward to getting it sorted if there was a loose connection on the hose to it somewhere along the length of the car.

Brett.