alarm problem on 1998 a6 2.8 se

highlander1975

Reaction score
Hello, hope someone can help, today the alarm was sounding on the car, i went outside to find all the windows down the remote's were un-responsive i unlocked the drivers door the alarm was still sounding and the interior lights did not come on , i started the engine shut the windows but the alarm was still sounding i drove up the road the alarm stopped after a while but, its acting like the alarm is still armed the led's on the door still flash and i cannot unlock any other doors, i have un plugged one of the wires on the alarm horn so that only the hazards are on when i open the door.
Any idea's or is it an expensive trip to audi?
thanks
jason
P.S. as i was driving the dash thort the doors were open and the boot this was random.

Thanks TYphoon i will take the unit out and have a look, it makes sence, going to search the net now to find out where its located on the A6
cheers
jason

On the C5 model, the siren is in the boot by o/s lamp cluster, and the locking control unit/alarm is under passenger carpet, very prone to water ingress.

Hi, thanks wesmaster will pull the carpet up and pull the unit out.
cheers
jason

Thanks for all your help, the carpet was wet when i pulled it up!, opened the box that holds the module and it was filled up with water. removed the module opened it up gave the pcb a isopronyl bath cleaned all the ic's etc with a brush dryed it all, re-fitted to car and everything works as it should except the remote on the keys dont work.
is there a way of reprogramming them? if not a least the rest is all working!.
thanks again
jason

You can reprogram with VCDS, very easy or you can search the net for the procedure to re sync the remotes. Had it a few weeks ago that had to replace control unit because couldnt program remotes in, new unit fitted programmed fine. old one was also waterlogged!
Good luck.