Plastidip grill guide (Bumper on)

Which indirectly backs up my experience, plastidip is ok as a temporary finish (if you are lucky) but it'll never replace having a proper job done.
I think the reason mine looked rubbish is because it not just the chrome bezel on S3. So the inner parts are a graphite grey colour. The contrast looked poo...

I didn't take any finished pics...I was ashamed lol

Reactions: Jake 61
Iv dipped the heck out of my car. Iv done the bonnet matte black, wing mirrors gloss black, front split grill black to look like a full one, my BBS lms from silver to gold and now to gloss black, and my rear lights to smoke.

I do regular motorway drives and it holds up superbly. However I didn't use plasti dip but another brand called Cardip UK as I found their product to be more versatile for me.
Uploadfromtaptalk1435820236825
Uploadfromtaptalk1435820246728
Uploadfromtaptalk1435820262628

View attachment 61816 I think the reason mine looked rubbish is because it not just the chrome bezel on S3. So the inner parts are a graphite grey colour. The contrast looked poo...

I didn't take any finished pics...I was ashamed lol
I have been thinking of doing the same to my s3, but was thinking the same.. ... contrast would look wrong.

Only other options to spray entire grill, but then it's how you stop spray going all over rad etc.

Probably best to just get a back edition grill. FK ones are probably crap though.

I have been thinking of doing the same to my s3, but was thinking the same.. ... contrast would look wrong.

Only other options to spray entire grill, but then it's how you stop spray going all over rad etc.

Probably best to just get a back edition grill. FK ones are probably **** though.
Any over spray can easily be rubbed off or with a little bit of diesel or wd40 will dissolve it.

Reactions: S3-8p-Dan
Wow great result. Just ordered 4 cans from Amazon. Wanna do my badges and rims.

Anybody know roughly how much it would cost to do whole car?
Is this something you can do yourself or better to take to shop?
Only just found out about this miraculous stuff.

It's pretty cool stuff, I only heard about it a couple of years ago myself!

Badges and rims will be straight forward but I would not advise doing the car yourself as it's something you want done properly with the correct equipment, otherwise it'll look cr@p and be a complete waste of money and time. Someone had there A3 done and I'm pretty sure it was around £800 to have a professional workshop do it for them. You can buy Plastidip in big tubs rather than the cans which is what's used for large applications such as cars.

Reactions: JamesVAG
It's pretty cool stuff, I only heard about it a couple of years ago myself!

Badges and rims will be straight forward but I would not advise doing the car yourself as it's something you want done properly with the correct equipment, otherwise it'll look cr@p and be a complete waste of money and time. Someone had there A3 done and I'm pretty sure it was around £800 to have a professional workshop do it for them. You can buy Plastidip in big tubs rather than the cans which is what's used for large applications such as cars.

Thanks for the info

You'd be better off getting it wrapped than plasi-coated..