AMI extension lead / ipod dock

ginge83

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new around here - although I've been an Audi driver for the last 4 years I've just taken delivery (yesterday) of a shiny new Ibis White S3 so thought I'd show my face on some forums :)

Anyway it has got the nav and AMI which is a pain for me as I use Spotify for my music and can't control it from the head unit. Happy to put an extension cable in to locate the iPhone out of the glovebox but I'd quite like a cradle sitting somewhere to make it neat and tidy. Has anybody fitted a cradle to their car and if so, where? Pictures would be great if anyone has some!

Cheers

Paul

Ashtray is the best way to convert tbh, but is yours manual or dsg?

Mine is DSG. I've seen a few pics of them mounted in the ashtray. I've also seen some with cradles attached to the passenger grab handle and angled towards the driver. Not sure if that would interfere with long-legged passengers though!

Yes you could have a trailing cable into that area & use a brodit adapter & then fix some clamping or iphone adapter to this, so no screws into the arm, I actually have 2 of these brodits screwless adapters if interested, then just find yourself ami extension & something to hold iphone.