Help poss misfire

ashaudia3

Reaction score
Hi guys hope everyone is well. Been a while since been on here and asked for advice as i got rid of the a3 in feb due to having horrendous issues with the 170 engine.

Anyhow i got a 140 golf and saved a few quid.

However i believe may have misfire.

Car seems to shake pretty bad at times, doesn't feel like engine mount or anything. but it shakes enuf to see the passenger seat rattle. Now cars under warranty with vw but we all know whats gonna happen....Nout lol

I have vcds and shows no faults, does anyone know if it records misfires or whether it could be to do with injectors not fuelling right. Any info would be great as im gonna record any results and take to dealers.

Cheers

Ash

Im guessing you mean the 140 TDI?

Check the Torsion Value - The BKD should be 0.0-0.5 degrees, either side of this & it shakes like a b*tch! There's a very good guide for adjusting it here How to adjust rough idle and camshaft timing on VW and Audi TDI pumpe duse engine although its not the same engine you will need to do this to the front pulley before adjusting the rear to suit (if required).

Just remember that even 1mm movement on the pulley can make a huge difference, so move it in tiny increments when adjusting.

If it's under warranty I'd take it back, that's the whole point of a warranty no?

Yeah 140 Tdi BKD engine, Ive just checked and its well out. sitting at -1.5 so i will be going to VW in the morn. It should be covered. As they put the new cambelt on prior to me signing for the car. Does anyone know what the true readings for the injectors should be, as each one on mine is fireing sumate diff. which i dont think is right.

Thanks for help