pistons

S3_chris 11

Reaction score
Is it true that AGU APY and AMK engines have forged mahle pistons as standard as thats that they reckon on uk-mkivs ??

is it all AMK engines or just early models? does it include the rods too or just the pistons?

is it all AMK engines or just early models? does it include the rods too or just the pistons?

All 1.8t's across the range... I am using Ibiza Cupra pistons in my AMK running 380hp... Welly is using AGU pistons at 440hp...

<tuffty/>

from what I understand, the mahle pistons are not forged, but its been translated into forged from their manufacturing process (which may be pressure die cast, not that I know for sure)

all the 1.8t pistons seem pretty durable.

what sort of power can you get realistically from an AMK on standard internals?

what sort of power can you get realistically from an AMK on standard internals?

Stage 2 maps realistically...

Pistons are fine but rods need changing arguably these days... its subjective at best as stage 1 levels of tune have been known to bend rods... essentially though if changing to larger turbo (hybrid or BT) then fit rods... if you have a sound bottom end with decent bores then std pistons are fine up to around the 400hp mark... if needing to replace the pistons for an oversize bore though then use JE's or similar... if heading above 400hp then valves and springs too... large port head helps on BT and indeed hybrids...

<tuffty/>