ESP Error after fitting S3 pedals

Goonas

Reaction score
After struggling to fit the S3 pedals, and in particular removing the wiring, one part of the plastic clip broke, but it was only the grey bit on the top. So plugged it all back in and now get ESP error message (signal too low). Reset the code using VCDS and it came back straight away, so plugged the old one back in and exactly the same.

Could the small plastic bit play a part? or is it a case of the plug needs to be pushed in harder - can't see how it feels fixed in?

Thanks in advance.

I think that it needs to be pushed on more, the grey part locks it on, When u take the plug off normally you have to push the grey bit all the way down then the plug self ejects itself, kinda like a seatbelt does. so maybe it isnt going on far enough.

check that none of the wires are damaged etc..

Thanks for that.

Do you know if the wires can be removed and put into another plug? Tempted to buy a new plug from Audi then I know its 100% seated correctly.

Just realised its not an ESP error but an EPC one !!

When I try to accelerate, it gets to 3-4k rpm and just struggles then on....

It shouldn't be the pedals mate when I fitted mine I snapped the grey piece also on removal of old pedals but when I fitted new ones it still locked into place and works fine

Its odd, the car was working fine before hand - no issues, then I change over pedal and its all gone wrong..

Now I get the following error message: 008487 - Accelerator Position Sensor 2 (G185): Signal too Low

I've tried pushing the plug in more, but it still seems to be the same.

I put the old pedal in and had the same error message, so can only assume its one of the connectors or the wiring.

Is there a simple wiring loom that runs from the ECU to the throttle pedal ? (assuming thats how it is wired).

Yea like you say it got to be the wiring or are any of the prongs bent/broken ?

Ok, upon closer inspection one of the wires was loose, and now its not attached at all into the multi-plug.

It would seems I've stretched a wire away from the connection, so the big question is how the hell do I get the wire back in, the end of the plug looks like it has ISO clips in it, with some very very small slots above and below the wire, is it a case of putting a small driver into it and somehow sliding the clip away from the plug?

The pin on end of wire has some little pieces that stick out the side as such & when inserted clip/grip into the hole & hold it in position, if you've bent these back, then slowly bend them into original position & reinsert, if they're broken, I would push all the way home & check its level with other pins from the bottom side where it connects, then stick some epoxy so holds it in place when inserted into pedal again.

Also you may have to do a calibration of the accelerator with vcds.

Genuine vcds, if so please show me a log of a module of your car.