im goina swap may a4 2.5 tdi quattro for a 03 2.0 tdi a4 is it a wise move

wallace78

Reaction score
was just wondering does the 2.0 l hav any pros to keep an eye out forheers

wat u think james will i atleast hav a look r do u think its not worth it m8

There's nothing wrong with the 2.0 engine.

What are you looking for? I'd not swap my 2.5 for one personally.

thanks m8 needed ur insight.was looking on parkers guide and it dosent hold a andle to the 2.5 tdi

Not a paticularly powerfull engine the 2.0L in an A4 ( No turbo you see ) .... i've only driven one of them that i service for a mate of mine and personally i would say my 1.9 TDi is quicker

Well, swapping a top-line diesel V6 model for a base line 2.0 misery-spec engine...The other guy will be getting a great deal!

dont do it !!! no gains what so ever, less mpg, less power, and less tune-abillity, they feel very boring to drive compared to a mapped 1.9tdi or a 2.5q

My dad had a 2.0 petrol multitronic. the MPG was awful which was why he sold it, go for at least a 1.9TDi

wallace, if it's genuinely a 2003 "03" plated car and it's 2.0, then it has to be a petrol....

as above DON'T DO IT unless you are utterly desperate for a few grand in trade in value that he will have to give you to part with your 2.5TDI.

There's nothing particularly wrong with the 2.0, but it's be my choice a long way below virtually any other engine in the A4 B6 lineup (I think the 1.6 1596cc petrol and 2.4petrol are the only ones I would want to own less)...

The 2.5TDI, despite being quatto and having twice the usable power has better fuel economy than the 2.0 petrol, even when you include the cost difference in petrol vs diesel!

+1 on the 2.0 fsi engine being utter rubbish.

f***ing s**t injection is what it stands for in our garage.

thnks guys i didnt do it so i got myself a new set of alloys lol:arco: