headlight conversion

91ljr

Reaction score
help ive got 1.6 prefacelift a3 went to put xenon facelift lights in from a W reg s3 and the adaptor is different what do i need to do

cheers pal i got told id aft to change all the wires or something but can i just cut my adaptor off mine and wire the correct one up

Hi is the headlight your fitting this one?
KGrHqZlIE6GeLULNBOiz69v7pQ60_12.jpg

I thought that but didint w reg s3's have the above lights on? :uhm:

Yes... a W reg S3 would be pre-facelift... facelift is late 2000 on... so Y reg and up.. I see your point now lol...

@91ljr.... as andy has pointed out, a W reg S3 is pre-facelift... so the headlights you are fitting are either as pictured above or if they are actual facelift lights (one piece rather than separate indicator/headlight) then the W reg S3 has already had the conversion done...

Can you confirm which lights you actually have?

<tuffty/>

cheers for all helpin they are actually one piece headlights and they came off a W plate s3 because i bought the front bumper aswell and its still got the plate on

cheers for all helpin they are actually one piece headlights and they came off a W plate s3 because i bought the front bumper aswell and its still got the plate on

In that case the W reg S3 would have been converted... most people covert to facelight halogens so not sure of the wiring for the Xenons...

<tuffty/>

You also need a bracket to hold then on as prefacelifts didnt have this fixing, I did a pre-face upgrade on my S3 & needed this & also the levelling motor iirc needed rewiring.

I don't have any facelifts only my old ones, i got these for mine last year
AUDI A3 HEADLIGHT 2001-2004 HEADLAMP NEW DRIVERS N/S LH | eBay

you can buy both sides from them, they look nice new aswell old lights look brown inside ans dull thats why i went for new,
i am still on the look out for the facelift plugs which i have been queted £30 each for :haha:, some tbay scrapyards puting mega high prices on stuff, i went to maplin an got the little spade clips and put them on each wire only for, i had a wire over for fogs which i put in later on.
B5nDwmkKGrHqZjYEv10DtBMLlWRfKeg_12-Copy-Copy.jpg

After
DSCF1123-Copy.jpg

178914_10151027138060149_1539533160_n.jpg
249063_10151027138480149_861382188_n.jpg
the facelift lights found an adaptor on ebay so hopfully it all goes well gettin s3 bumper sprayed tomorrow:yahoo:

Reactions: andya3turbo
Andy did your lights just drop in regarding the wiring? The plugs for the electrical connection weren't different were they?

Andy did your lights just drop in regarding the wiring? The plugs for the electrical connection weren't different were they?
dani if you get the facelift light you cna just buy the adaptors off ebay but the only thing is that you have to butcher the wing a little

The wing just needs grinding back minimally & treating with some antirust, fairly simple job overall, just take time doing so as to make no mistakes or slips :)

I have both ends of the new connections I have plug to go in new facelift headlights and have go the old connection that sit in the old head light can't I connect these so it works but the connection in the old headlight has 5 wires so I don't know what to do anyone got any pictures on how to do this plz

If you get stuck & need someone to convert for you, I can offer this service, pm for a price.

Reactions: Griffin2880