fuel filter clip/hose

knoxie

K4OXE
Reaction score
so changing my fuel filter i took the 1st one off (from tank) easy as pie, 2nd was a bit of a fiddle, but trying to get the new filter on has left me foooked, it seems as tho the little push part has stuck pressed in, what do i do?

knoxie

They can be a little tight to fit on sometimes... they have 2 o-rings inside the fitting.... sometimes they can go a bit dry making it tricky to push them back on... you could spray a little wd40 into the fitting or wipe a little Vaseline around the end of the fuel filter fitting

<tuffty/>

:) thanks tuffty, if that doesnt work can the clip be cut off and jubilee the pipe on?

not really as its a hard plastic pipe.

do as tuffty said to see if it frees off.

Had this problem on mine the clip broke and i coulding get my filter back on so i rang audi and the hoses are a 3 part kit and is £65, so i cut the clip off and used some high pressure gas hose the orange propane stuff and 2 jubilee clips, been on over a year now with no probs.

so i tried the methods above^^^ but to no avail...

so i set about a bodge haha went to my local motorfactors and bought some fuel hose and jubilee clips

1st the offending clip

e1c9a3dc.jpg

64efa22a.jpg

the hose i used

cdee9996.jpg

where i cut the fuel line

9cb0d66b.jpg

i then done a little test, being as the line is hard plastic and not wanting it to break under the load of the jubilee clip i used the piece i chopped off and tightened it as much as i could, the result..

02f861ee.jpg

success!!! so i cracked on, u put a bit of vasiline along the fuel line to ease the fuel pipe over and tightened up ( not to the extent i did in the above pic dont worry haha )

finito!!!

17080602.jpg

a big thanks to tuffty, murran and andy for the help :)

Reactions: andya3turbo
exactly like I did to mine a few weeks back. My knackered plug looked just like yours!

it was obvious that who ever had done it before broke it and just put tape on the fuel filter that had gone manky and rammed it back in :-/ oh well all fixed now, wish me luck with the oil change haha

Upload 2017 6 27 8 32 55

5/16 Female to AN6 6AN Push On Quick Connect Fuel Fitting Adapter

Is this the correct size throughout the fuel system to convert to braided lines?