Looking to buy A3 help?!?

charleyporty

Reaction score
I currently have a 225 TT but just cannot afford to run it being at Uni...I love Audi though so want to maybe get an A3 but obviously my budget isnt massive (3-4k) and I want the 2.0tdi 8L model because Ive heard the 1.9tdi is just well useless.

1. Is the DSG worth getting? boring? is MPG worse? Running costs?
2. what mileage is acceptable? ive seen a nice one at 156,000 buut is that too much??

thanks guys

youde expect a deisel engine to do 190-200k easy. but obviously your budget isnt going to afford low millage cars so aslong as they look well looked after and have a good service history it seems ok to me. i paid 7k for mine with 88k milage. but im a 2.0TFSI

Bought my 2.0 TDI as salvage and with the damage being a lot less than it seemed it has turned out to be a very cheap car. Coming with an S-line single grill conversion already was an extra bonus. Could be a route to look down based on your budget, depending on your point of view on salvage vehicles. As i know some people wouldn't touch them with a very long stick.

Mine is on 131k but it would appear to have been very well looked after with a full service history and being generally clean inside and out. It has no running/driving issues to report (touch wood!) :)