Plug & Play???

Nine Pack

Reaction score
Asked this question on another thread but it got lost amongst my other ramblings so I thought I'd pop a new thread up. Has anyone here had a rear diff/haldex changed by a garage who didn't have Audi diagnostic equipment?

My fear is that once the haldex control unit is disconnected from the old diff, then the closed circuit will be broken & once reconnected to the replacement diff (coming today) it may throw up all manner of fault codes & I'll have ABS lights & all sorts coming on & end up with a mutant car that runs 1WD from the rear offside :-/ I hope it doesn't need a setting up procedure & that it's a simple mechanical bolt on.

i know of many poeple who have disconnected the controller for an upgrade without the need for a clearing of faultcodes, id imagine this to be the same, drivecycle should sort it, i can assume youre going to replace the haldex oil as per std procedure

I'll definitely put a new filter & oil in it. I replaced these a week ago in an attempt to fix a whirring from the diff but to no avail (it's still there if not worse) so I've bitten the bullet & the new diff arrives today.

Hopefully it'll be ok then. Makes me long for the days of my old UR quattro with it's barn door engineering ;-p

When you say drivecycle should sort it, what does that mean? Forgive my numptiness.

with it up on the ramp fill the oil and change the filter leave the top plug loose run the car in neutral for 15 let everything settle check fluid, then nip up and run through first and 2nd still in hte air check fluid then go for a 10 minute drive out with the car stop shut off the ignition and start up again and drive all should be well

know what you mean about the barnyard eng miss those days

Reactions: Nine Pack