wheel alignment help please

daz-20vt

Reaction score
Hi guys. Im soon going to lower my s3 on coilovers. Im hoping to lower the rear 20mm and the fron what ever i need to level the car out. Now afterwards i want to get the 4 wheel alignment done but my question is who decides on where the wheels need to go. Is it a factory figure or will the fitters know what is best. And how do i know if i need tie bars. I know there is some debate on wheter you need them at that level of lowering or not so how do you decide?im useless with understanding this stuff so any help would be great thanks. Daz

Hi,id say defo get rear camber bars,once ajdusted you'll relise it was worth it.and to get it set up properly you'll need em,and yes it will be factory setting,unless going that low it wnt matter neways.

I was wanting to get the fronts similar camber to the rears. The rears are much more negative. Is this a good idea? So even at a low drop tie bars are a good thing? Worth the money? Thanks for help. Daz

There is some setup info in the stickies... typically go for as much negative camber as you can on the front (S3 lower ball joint is adjustable and sometimes the subframe will need moving to try and centre it up)... go for zero toe front and rear (which is factory IIRC)... wind the rears in using adjustable ties bars... too much neg camber on the rear will wear the tyres out quickly and will affect the handling... go for 0.5 to 1 deg negative camber...

<tuffty/>

Great help thanks. Gonna get on this asap so thTs great help. Daz