Part number for a Radiator and air con fan

m1nhx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My 2004 2.5tdi advant (163hp) auto starting leaking coolant sometime ago, I've had it pressure tested and seems like I need a new rad also the air con needs replacing, I've been quoted £226 for the rads but have found a cheaper one on the bay, a genuine rad with a oem part number of 8E0121251P I tried searching this forum but unable to find any result and of course the dealers don't help. Does anyone know which part number I need so I don't order the wrong part?

Many Thanks

Minh.

that one is for vehicles with tiptronic engine codes BDV and AMM but it is the same size as all the rads

edit its not the same size as all the rads there is a few with a smaller core

what engine code is yours?

that one is for vehicles with tiptronic engine codes BDV and AMM but it is the same size as all the rads

edit its not the same size as all the rads there is a few with a smaller core

what engine code is yours?

Not sure can't see anything on the engine bay - may need to remove the engine cover to see the engine tag code but a newbie at these things so not really confident on how to remove. it's a FWD 2004 2.5 tdi sport model

It should be on your V5 or on the data sticker in the spare wheel well

8E0121251J is the part number you want and with oil cooler its 8E0121251Q both are the same dimensions 632x414x34mm

J says manual gearbox so i'm guessing Q will be for auto hence the oil cooler

8E0121251J is the part number you want and with oil cooler its 8E0121251Q both are the same dimensions 632x414x34mm

J says manual gearbox so i'm guessing Q will be for auto hence the oil cooler

Wow that was a quick reponse - many thanks stu. now I just have to hunt for something cheaper than the price at the dealers.

no worries

is yours the manual or the auto?

it's an auto - heard so many problems with auto's but mine seems to be running smooth still - touch wood.

I think you may need the part number with Q then with an oil cooler try a audi dealer to see if they will confirm it some are ok my local one wont do anything though!