Air filter inlet....?

James TQ

Reaction score
I was checking my MAF sensor today on my A3 quattro, i too out the panel filter to give it a clean up and was surprised to find that the in let to the filter goes straight into the wing. if the protection above the front left wheel wasnt there then you could see it. i put the air compressor gun into the tube and can find where it draws the air from. surely it would be healthier if it had a cold air feed, does anyone know where the feed is and if theres a way to redirect to flow for a cleaner air supply ? in the near future i am planning on a K&N or pipecross panel filter, help would be good : )

Thanks

They all take the feed from there... its out of the engine bay and there fore cooler anyway... the inner wing opens into the bumper space where the cooler air comes from..

<tuffty/>

Just do what I did mate run a cold air feed pipe from front bumper to air box works wonders!

Here are a few pics of mine hope they help.

Lower front bumper feed
a91d206b.jpg

Connected to airbox that has already been drilled and smoothed
7bf9a72e.jpg

Reactions: MURRAYS444
i've always ran a intake fro, the lower grilles on all my cars. i drive through puddles. i've never had any problems with water getting into the air box

when you replaced it with the new air feed, did you block the other one up to stop any spray coming up into the engine bay?

So far the way the pipe is angled and fitted never had a problem with puddles, I always tell car wash guys not to spray into the hole though lol and left everything as it was didn't block up anything mate best £12 I spent lol