B6 Quattro sport avant - honeycomb grilles?

munchkincoupe

Reaction score
Should all of the sport model A4 B6 Avant models have the honeycomb front fog grilles instead of the straight slats version

I've been to view a 1.9tdi Quattro sport avant today and the lower sections of the bumpers/side skirts aren't colour coded, there are no door vanes (sp.) and the front bumper has the slat foglight grilles - is it just a quattro SE then or can a sport come without these parts? Also would it have sport suspension or SE suspension too?

Thanks for your help

All sports have the same body and trim as the SE, the deeper bumpers with honeycomb came on s-line models.....

All sports have the same body and trim as the SE, the deeper bumpers with honeycomb came on s-line models.....

Not quite right....

As Paul says, Sport and SE have the same bumpers until mid 2003. From then on Sport's came with the GMBH front (honeycomb grilles), and the SE's received colour coded front and rear valances.

S-Lines and late model Sports have the same bumpers, they differ externally only in wheels/badging and boot spoiler.

Not quite right....

As Paul says, Sport and SE have the same bumpers until mid 2003. From then on Sport's came with the GMBH front (honeycomb grilles), and the SE's received colour coded front and rear valances.

S-Lines and late model Sports have the same bumpers, they differ externally only in wheels/badging and boot spoiler.

Thanks for that - so apart from the honeycomb grilles the front bumper is the same structurally just not colour coded?

I'm asking because the car I've viewed needs the front bumper and front wings spraying so will get the rest colour coded too at the same time if that will match the later sport models, then just source the honey grilles later

Thanks for that - so apart from the honeycomb grilles the front bumper is the same structurally just not colour coded?

I'm asking because the car I've viewed needs the front bumper and front wings spraying so will get the rest colour coded too at the same time if that will match the later sport models, then just source the honey grilles later

Sorry I'm obviously not explaining it very well....

Up until late 2003 Sport and SE cars had the same (generally unpainted) standard front. From then on, the Sport came with the Gmbh front, and this was always body coloured (although some US models were unpainted) - this is the front you're asking about with the honeycomb grilles. The Gmbh front is not the same as the standard front and the grilles are not interchangeable.

From the same point of time, the standard front as fitted to the SE's began to come colour coded.