Build up of Water - HELP!

Leglessmonk

New S3 Owner... Tips Welcome!
Reaction score
afternoon all,

i have a build up of water in the driver footwell and the back driver footwell! i think it is because the skuttle has come away from my windscreen, which i have ordered a new one from AUDI for 42 pound :)

i need to remove the heated recarro, but im not sure how to do so! can someone help me please :)

then hopefully i can just remove the water and all should be good again!!

thanks

coolant loss ?
heater matrix leaking ?
have you checked to make sure the drains holes isn't blocked (under the scuttle panel)

If you look in the stickies there are links to the A3/S3 dealer repair manuals which tells you exactly what to do to remove the seats. You do need to be a bit careful courtesy of the airbags in the seat.

As others have said, check the drain holes in the inner wings, the seating of the pollen filter, all the bulkhead bungs around wiring etc. It can be a real pain getting a damp car dry again as there is about a 1cm thick wadding of recycled fibres under the carpet that soaks up an awful lot of water. I ended up running alternatively a heater and a de-humidifier in a friends 106 that had a leaky sunroof. That took several days to dry out.

Good luck.

Thanks for the comments! have managed to drain alot of water using a "wet and dry" vacuum :) removed roughly 8-9 litres so far, pulled up the carpet and managed to get most of the water out of the recycled fibres also!

Will have a look in the drainage holes when i remove the skuttle over the weekend!

Thanks for directing me to the stickies, will have a browse, and try not to deploy the airbag!