Kumho tyres:

Y83OLK

Hulk Smash!
Reaction score
Hi ASN,
Just a quickie... Next prority for me (after i do my clutch) is tyres.

I have been a BIG fan of Kumho Ku31 (exsta sport) as they have lasted me 15k, and handled as well/ maybe even better than my previous P-zeros

But these have now been discontinued now/ replaced by Ku39's.
Does anyone have any experience with them (225/45/17)

regards

I was actually going to buy some last week but decided not to as I heard mixed reviews, most were got tbh

Hi Callum,

Prety sure that what I've got on the front of mine, wil check in morning thaty they are the same model of Kumho but im prety sure they are. had them about a month so far am impresssed, plenty of grip and good feel.

Nige

The missus car has KU31's on it, which i fitted after all the rave reviews they got.

Mine has Eagle F1's fitted and the difference is night and day. The Kumhos feel horrid and dont grip anything like the Eagles do.

Needless to say, the Missus car will be getting F1's in a few weeks when the wheels come back from being refurbished.

If you want a cheaper tyre, then consider the Hankook S1 Evo. But for the price difference in the size your looking at (same as mine) its a no brainer to simply fit the Eagle F1's

Hi Callum,

Prety sure that what I've got on the front of mine, wil check in morning thaty they are the same model of Kumho but im prety sure they are. had them about a month so far am impresssed, plenty of grip and good feel.

Nige

Hi Again Callum

Have just checked car, mine has the Kumho Ecsta Le Sport KU39 fitted not the KU31s as previusly they feel a great tyre and were about £90 from memory each.

Hope this helps

Nige

You can get Goody F1 A2s for under £90 each if you are prepared to shop around.

I can get most tyres stupidly cheap anyway... Put it this way, i can get mich ps3's for under £100 per corner.
Ku39's for £55 per corner ;)
Cheers for that Nigel.. How are they performing so far? Were you not running Falkens previously?

I find tyres are down to the car they are fitted to, i used to run uniroyal rainsports on my corsa, which were sublime.. However on the mrs 206 they are fkin' aweful!.

Aragorn - Do you and your missus drive identical cars?. with the same tyre size?.

More or less, hers is an avant, and has new bushes all round, and mines a saloon and has knackered bushes all round. Otherwise the same, even down to them both having eibach springs fitted.

So if anything hers should feel much better, but the tyres really take the edge off.

Take a look at the group tests on tyrereviews.co.uk (not the personal reviews, you want the magazine group tests).

Got my tyres done yesterday.
Forked out for 4x Michelin Pilot sport 3's...
I havent really given them a good trial, but i havent seen any "bad" reviews on them, Nice aysemetric tread pattern...
And they are silent on the road, no noise at all :D
And cost less than £350

Just need my clutch sorted then i cant test them through the twisties.

Got my tyres done yesterday.
Forked out for 4x Michelin Pilot sport 3's...
I havent really given them a good trial, but i havent seen any "bad" reviews on them, Nice aysemetric tread pattern...
And they are silent on the road, no noise at all :D
And cost less than £350

Just need my clutch sorted then i cant test them through the twisties.

This is a mistake I made with Pirelli pzero rosso's. Noisy as hell! Deffo change for something else when needed.

I've got the KU37's on my daily, I've done the odd track day with them and find that they stand up well at track temps. A good tyre all round at a good price.

S3featesV9 - Does that mean the ps3's are no good?

Nah, just I need a less noisy tyre. As the pirelli tyres are shocking with road noise. So might have to get some ps3's if their quiet. From what I've read ps3's are highly rated.

Ah, Ideal.
I cant handle noisey tyres either.. The mrs is running Nankangs on her 206cc.. That cars got a lot of road noise to start with, The nankangs amplify it 10fold.