thinking of buying S4 what performane mods can be done?

dplovin

Reaction score
as title says im thinking of buying a S4 the V8 4.2 version 344bhp

just wondering what modifications can be done to increase power, i realise it could be limited as its none turbo just an extra 50bhp or so or even more if possible.

Can be remapped and an exhaust, but not much. If you had endless amounts of money, they can be supercharged.

As above, I have an S4 and recently fitted a cat back non res Milltek, remap is next on the list, it is an amwesome car!

i think you might find its fast enough as it is! lol.

have you driven one? the way they pick up speed with the endless masses of torque at any revs in any gear, it's just madness!

Reactions: Neil2014
They are a very good drive, and to be honest, an extra 50 BHP, while noticeable, it will likely be barely noticeable. And probably not worth the expense of trying to achieve it.

That said, a good exhaust and a remap will probably see you somewhere about 23-30 BHP, but the car will drive much better, supposedly.

Great stuff I wasn't sure u could remap on a non turbo 😃

The S4 is quick as it is and it sounds fantastic, mum has a B6 S4 cab, it would waste my remapped A4. I don't know if your going for a manual or auto, we have the auto, the remap can make the gearbox smoother, it felt smoother on out old 2.7T Allroad, but for the price of a remap I think you will be happy with it as standard.

Agree with all that's been said, all I would add is that, standard, most B6/B7 S4s are puting out more like 300-320 bhp.
Exhaust, filter/induction and a good remap will get you 350+ if it's a good engine.
Consider that most standard B7 RS4s only produce anywhere between 350 and 400 Bhp, far short of their reported power. A decent S4 with exhaust and remap will be pretty much as quick in the real world as astandard RS4.
Avoid the S4s currently advertised as producing 380+ BHP with just a remap and exhaust, it's not going to happen. All that will produce a real decent increase is supercharging which will cost £10kish!!
That said, the way the power is delivered, the endless grip and torque, gives you much more than bhp and torque figures that mean little on their own. Buy one, awesome cars.:yum:

One other very worthwhile mod is to upgarde the ARBs for Eibach RS4 upgraded items - tightens things up immensely, handling much improved.

They are surprisingly quick, mines standard and shortly after getting it I had an old school scoob trying its hand so I gave it a blast and absolutely annihilated it, yes I expected to beat it but not by so much, it was almost as if he hit the brakes lol. Recently had an 02 scoob which was apparently putting out 385BHP and we were neck and neck which again I was surprised with and I was so carried away I even hit the limiter in 2 gears and he didnt pass me lol